which brdband to go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreigsmarine

Broken In
I wanna go in for a new broadband connection and want ur opinions...
the options which i currently hav are
MTNL
590NU
-------256kbps,1gb dwnload limit,night unlimited(from 12:00-8:00),total cost-around 920(including telephone rental of rs 250)
Airtel
699PLUS
128kbps,unlimited usage,total cost(784)

Sify
256kbps,1gb dwnload limit,total cost(566)
and
128kbps,unlimited dwnload,total cost(791)

-----------------------------------------------------
the questions which i hav in mind are
1)Which of these interenet providers offer the best service and connectivity
.i've already got a mtnl connection and its service is allright
2)Is there a lotta difference in 128kbps and 256 kbps(in terms of browsing speed)??i knoe dwnlaodin speeds will certainly b slower in 128kbps but the unlimited opttion is quite tempting.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Look man during browsing,the speed doesn't matter at all.You will be fine in 128 and as well as 256Kbps.But yeah,downloading matters alot.Just imagine how files get downloaded to your system,with the speed of 32KBps!!
As far as service is concerned,you will be quite happy with Airtel.Connectivity is better.Go for sify,if you want consistency in speed and downloading.But i would rather recommend you to stick with Airtel.
Choose 256Kbps package with unlimited download facility,if you want to download hell lot of games and movies to your system,with superb downloading speed.

well as my former person explains .......
this choice u should do depends upon what u want to do ? if u want to do massive
downloads then go for unlimited download . if u want to do some vedio-voice chat then 256kbps is reqd . anyway do whatever you can but NEVER CHOOSE IQARA .

OP
K

kreigsmarine

Broken In
well...i cant take the 256(unlimited) option cuz thatz byond my budget.
well,yes,i do plan to dwnload stuff(songs and videos mostly).i think 128 wud suit me cuz it doesn matter a lot whether stuff gets dwnlaoded in 1 hr or 2hrs.
My main query is only bout the service quality.I mean sumtimes it happens that the mtnl connection i've got jus stops workin in between.i then hav to restart the router or restart my comp...and all that sorta crap.

wellbest idea is frist take a small budget plan....like say 512 Mb per month , use it one month and see hows the service and how much u need it ...then accordingly shift to some other plan .

nach p

Journeyman
I am using Sify 128kbps unlimited downloading offer for more than 6months and as a qualitywise Sify is best as constant download ,never automatic disconnection or server down problem.I am getting 15-16 kbps downloading speed whereas 12-13 uploading speed .Sify gives 64 kbps line for uploading in this 128 unlimited plan which is b*******.So you can go for Sify.

I have no experience abt Mtnl ot Airtel.

Last edited:

Official Techie

In the zone
sify is good my friend but speed doesnt matter for surfing it matters when u download for example last night i started downloadind tms sunrise demo and calculated the time at 240 kbps needed for download and put on the alarm when i woke i saw that the download had already finished sow 256 Kbps mtnl night unlimited plan is very good

ashfame

Padawan
donot go for any of these!!
there is a plan for airtel @ rs. 699 which offers 128kbps in day & 256kbps in night (unlimited).
Go for this one.

OP
K

kreigsmarine

Broken In
@ashfame--i've been checkin the net for the airtel 699plus plan,but nowhere hav i found it sayin that u get 256 at night.cud u pls elaborate on this?wat time in the night does this 256 thing start and wat time does it end??

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
try using softwares like bandwidth monitor to monitor the speed change. start a big download and wait watching the graph until the bandwidth increases.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
U can even get 256 Kbps unlimited downloads with Sify for 1000 Rs.
I would suggest you to go for sify because as per my experience it is the best provider and u will get constant speeds at the promised rates.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Sify has a LOT of downtime.. I had sify before.. Sify plain sucks, they dont care for the customer. Go for airtel 128kbps unltd. The best plan right now for you IMHO.

@ashfame: look at the first post dude!

nach p

Journeyman
kalpik said:
Sify has a LOT of downtime.. I had sify before.. Sify plain sucks, they dont care for the customer. Go for airtel 128kbps unltd. The best plan right now for you IMHO.

@ashfame: look at the first post dude!

I never faced any problem on Sify .Downtime not at all.If you faced such prob. then it may be u r local area connection prob. or u r provider doesnt care customers.
I used pacenet before facing downtime problems but same isp gives excellent service in another area!!!!

So it may depends on local service providers who manages all da service.Also plans may differs areawise.So it is better to collect info abt internet sevice provider in our local area on our own.

Last edited:

mohit sharma

Journeyman
kreigsmarine said:
Airtel699PLUS128kbps,unlimited usage,total cost(784)
this total cost comes with ::
1 :: rent free telephone connection ( i mean u had to just pay for calls u made ) .
2 :: double speeds at nights [ 256 kbps ] .
3 :: the most precious thing quality service at any time for any fault .

so my suggestion will b to go 4 airtel .

dikudik

Journeyman
Sify.............simply superb toll free help line lots of support and it really works superb just 500/-Rs/ per month 128 kbps unlimited i m using..........

its really really good service...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom