Which Antivirus should I install....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Hello Experts, I came to ask you guys, which ANti virus should I install in my system. But before that i would like to let u all knw that I am using a Intel inside P4 system with 3.06 Ghz Proccesor, 512 MB of Ram and windows XP SP2. I have the following Antivirus softwares, but I am unknown which one would be best for my system.

AVAST, AVG, BitDefender, BitDefender Internet Security, Kaspersky, MacAfee, Symentec and more, and even I have ALL in One Virus remover, but I don't know which one is best. And even I would love to know which Sprware remover is best. please do let me know.

vish1988

who cares...
go for avast or avg (both have free ver)

i have avast home and it the best

Edited Top 20 Antivirus rankings. Tested using 174,770 virus samples.

Last edited:
OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Guys, would you mind to stop commenting about you nicks...when someone is really in need of help? Please now...both VISH

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Best name was already suggested... Every one will agree on one thing that Kaspersky or NOD32 .... When u want best, nothing else comes in picture !!!

:)

Yavin

Yalam
For home use Avast home edition is perfect. Low on system resource , no nags or remainders, almost regular updates and very quickly updated. Installation and uninstallation is breeze. Get latest version frm www.avast.com. and it is blue.

rajat22

In the zone
Yavin said:
For home use Avast home edition is perfect. Low on system resource , no nags or remainders, almost regular updates and very quickly updated. Installation and uninstallation is breeze. Get latest version frm www.avast.com. and it is blue.

I STRONGLY AGREE WITH HIM. GO FOR IT.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well if u are ready to pay then: kaspersky. if u want a free antivirus almost as powerful as kav then AOL active shield. create an email id to be used as registration mail id for aol (thats coz once u register u get ads from aol). but the anti virus is top notch and moreever its free (only requires u to register giving an email id).

nod32 is again a great av.. but again its paid.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
here is an idea, do a search on the forums and read each post that contains antivirus. Then you will know the anser... or qustion... 42?

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Guys I have now decided and also installed NOD32 but when I wanted to update it, it is asking for user name and password, which I did not get in any means, so how do i solve this problem yaa....

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Choto Cheeta said:
Best name was already suggested... Every one will agree on one thing that Kaspersky or NOD32 .... When u want best, nothing else comes in picture !!!

:)
hey buddy.......I dont think NOD32 is gud as it is not scaning the infected files....My pc is infected with Brontok Virus but this antivirus is unable to identify it.......

And Hey it is not identifiying SAL.Xls file also........

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Paid av "NOD32". I'm using it and its gr8. MeraWindows monthly poll also got the most votes for NOD32. ;)

In free, avast!, AVG and AOL Active Shield are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom