WHICH 800VA UPS IS BETTER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Guys just wanted 2 buy a 800va ups. Confused as 2 which brand is better and has better service. Here in Kolkata most of them suggest microtek as it has double back-up. Service is also a concern? Plz help....... :?: :(

mohit

The Hardware Labs
apc is the best brand for UPS' but its damn expensive ... others are tvs, numeric,wipro ... keep away from microtek. apc and numeric have very good service response.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
U can go for NUMERIC UPS, i am using it for almost 3 years now without any problems.
But before buying plz do check with ur city that does it provide enough "sales after service" for NUMERIC brand of UPS or not.
If not then u can go in for MICROTEK, as they r also good enough for backup solutions... :)
cheers n peace...

lavan_joy

Journeyman
APC is the best choice. Service is so good. But a little bit expensive.

Many times they send a replacement with a new one instead of repairing the old one.

APC service is VERY VERY area specific. Call APC Bangalore and ask them about service and backup in Calkata (or is it Kolcutta). Generally you can expect a honest response. If there is NO APC centre in your city, then getting a backup unit (swap warranty) is not possible. APC tend to concentrate on certain cities/towns and do a good job of providing decent service. So if you're not on their map, better take your business elsewhere.

APC India product selector - *www.apc.com/tools/ups_selector/index.cfm

Keith

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
Also, whenever some1 mentions APC;they usually end up saying this in the same sentence: "After-sales is gr8,they replace UPS by courier" Which kinda leaves a bitter after-taste!! I have been using Non-APC UPS for 5yrs now, & never had even a single problem!! Didnt even had to change the battery on it!

rohanbee

Padawan
APC is quite good and very expensive. I know my company owns quite a few variants. Service is ok, it also depends what area you are in. Maybe you being in a metro might have a dedicated apc service center.

Also, your usage is also a main criteria, if its just home i dont suggest going in for such a high end brand the other normal ones will be just as good.

Infact I'd advise you to got for an APC. If they can assure you of service in your area, that is.

800VA is an overkill. You can get a 500VA APC for INR 2800 and 650VA for INR 3600.

Just use the UPS selector link in my previous post.

Keith

Here's APC Calcuttu contact details -

For sales info call Tarun - 98300 25473

Or ring office (033)2463 0063, 2463 0064 between 9:15am and 6:00pm

at

768,Lake View Road
Kolkata, West Bengal 700 029
India

Next to Raymonds showroom on Southern Avenue or diagonally opposite to Ashoka Building

Keith

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Thank u guyz. This was my first post. Got an rough idea as 2 what 2 buy. APC has a price which is out of my budget so got an microtek 800VA @ INR 2366 tax included. The 2 battery one. Thanks again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom