where to find LINUX DISTRIBUTION ISO'S IN COMPREESED FORMAT FOR EASY DOWNLOAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I WANT TO INSTALL AND TRY ANY POPULAR LINUX DISTRIBUTION BUT WHWNEVER I TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY ISO THE SIZE RISES TO 600 TO 650 MB

AND OVIOUSLY IT WILL COST ME A BIG BUCK IF I DOWNLOAD IN MY PC

SO IS THERE ANY SITE OR ( SOMEONE) WHO CAN PROVIDE LINK TO DOWNLOAD

FREE LINUX isos preety fast

connection type - broad band 256 kbps rated

actual - 24kbps

RS 1 PER MB

kumarmohit

Technomancer
The best thing is to ask Digit to carry distro in request thread, coz if any such compression had been available all ISO's wud have adopted it already.

ayushman9 said:
I WANT TO INSTALL AND TRY ANY POPULAR LINUX DISTRIBUTION BUT WHWNEVER I TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY ISO THE SIZE RISES TO 600 TO 650 MB

AND OVIOUSLY IT WILL COST ME A BIG BUCK IF I DOWNLOAD IN MY PC

SO IS THERE ANY SITE OR ( SOMEONE) WHO CAN PROVIDE LINK TO DOWNLOAD

FREE LINUX isos preety fast

connection type - broad band 256 kbps rated

actual - 24kbps

RS 1 PER MB

what a horrible speed........just sue the internet service provider.why dont you download in night free time.

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
hmm... i think he mean 24kBps and not kbps
if its 24kBps, then its not too low, coz the standard for 256kbps connection is 32kBps download (i think...)

regarding the download... i dont think u will find such places coz a .iso is already compressed format. so, its virtually impossible to further compress, unless u use something like UHARC or 7-zip and the like. but that will take ages to complete, and no one will do it for u...

best way, contact people from your LUG (Local User Group) for Linux, and get the distro for free by exchanging a blank CD in return...

This is the yahoo group of the LUG in Raipur - ilug_raipur@yahoogroups.com
Register and send them a mail. Thousands of Linux users there will respond, I am sure... and then meet up with someone and exchange blank CDs/DVDs for the OS of ur choice...

Hope this helps...

Or else, go for free Ubuntu CDs from
Code:
*shipit.ubuntu.com

But be warned, it will take a minimum of 4 weeks...

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Canonical ships Ubuntu, Kubuntu CDs free of cost!! Order them using the following links:

Get Ubuntu 6.06 from here
Get Kubuntu 6.06 from here

First "Create a new account", use the same account for ordering Ubuntu & Kubuntu.
There are no shipping charges. It takes around 4 weeks for the shipment to reach you.
There are many rival mags that also come with a Linux CD/DVD. You can buy that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom