Where does intel GMA X3000 integ graphics stand compared to lower end graphic cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edburg

In the zone
I heard GMA X3000 is going to outperform all integ graphics of other vendors

It supports DirectX9,10 Shader model 3.0,and an whooping 667MHz clock

For more details click here

Also drivers for this havent matured enough still so even GMA 950 is outperforming it currently

I am thinking of either a low end graphic card like 6200 geforce.How does this card stand compared to them

Last edited:

varkey

Journeyman
I got arnd avg 25-30 fps while playing HL2 at all settings high 1024x768.

its good enuf for average gamers.

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Where does intel GMA X3000 integ graphics stand compared to lower end graphic car

^^: but that is probably because of alll your other hardware which is really good.....so other people can't really expect such fluid frame-rates on their config...

nfsfan

Broken In
Re: Where does intel GMA X3000 integ graphics stand compared to lower end graphic car

well i think he's talking bout something like entry levle ...say 7300gt or even gs!

G

gxsaurav

GMA X3000 gives performance equivalent to Geforce 6200, it is not meant to be a gaming grade graphics card, cos they cannot give that much power onboard, due to technical & heat issues

GMA X3000 is made to run Vista aero perfectly, intel has stated that it can be made DirectX 10 compatible in the hardware with a firmware/driver update later on

the motherboards with GMA X3000 are not in retail channel yet, they are, from MSI & Foxconn but hard to find. Most of them will be sold to OEM only till Jan 2007 to finish the stock of pentium D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hey thanx for the info @gxsaurav. :).

so for the time being we'll see these onboard cards in HP, Dell,.. Desktops .

one more Q, if X3000 can be made DX10 Compatible with a firmware update, then is it possible for other dedicated gfx. cards too, like the present Nvidia 7x00 series cards.

varkey

Journeyman

gxsaurav said:
GMA X3000 gives performance equivalent to Geforce 6200, it is not meant to be a gaming grade graphics card, cos they cannot give that much power onboard, due to technical & heat issues

GMA X3000 is made to run Vista aero perfectly, intel has stated that it can be made DirectX 10 compatible in the hardware with a firmware/driver update later on

the motherboards with GMA X3000 are not in retail channel yet, they are, from MSI & Foxconn but hard to find. Most of them will be sold to OEM only till Jan 2007 to finish the stock of pentium D

i have a GMA X3000 based Intel DG965WH got it for 7300 from cochin

G

gxsaurav

one more Q, if X3000 can be made DX10 Compatible with a firmware update, then is it possible for other dedicated gfx. cards too, like the present Nvidia 7x00 series cards

no, they cannot. DirectX 10 requirs unifide shader engine in the graphics card, something GMA X3000 can do in hardware, it was made with this feature in mind. However the ATI & nvidia graphics card, both onboard & add-on were not made with unified shader pipelines in hardware. They cannot be upgraded like this in hardware, however directX 10 graphics card with a Directx 9 fallback engine will play fine with directx10 in Vista

verkey, can u run a few benchmarks on it? whats your complete system specs.

It is indeed available through jugard though

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@gxsaurav, are you confirmed about this Upgradablity to DX10 option in GMA X3000 gfx. based chipset.

as i'm buying a m/b now (frm USA), i wanna know it for sure(dx10 compatibility), coz i dont want to INVEST again in ONE year (for new dx10 m/b)

budget=> $200

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It dosen't really make any difference whether GMA X3000 supports DX10 or not. If you try to play a DX10 game with a GMA X3000, you'll have to disable the DX10 features and effects anyways.
As far as support for Vista's Aero goes, any decent DX9 graphics card can handle it.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i wanna make a one time investment for m/b, as this gma x3000 (intel 965 m/b) can be upgraded to DX10, it seems a safe bet to me.

so thats why i'm asking which one would be good. (gaming : future proof ratio) [at least for 2-3 years].

any news about other DX10 motherboards/gfx. chipset???

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
i hav a DG965RY mobo .....

it has GMA X3000 ... but still i cudnt play NFS CARBON DEMO ON digit DVD :(

MY proccy is a 1.86 ghz C2D .

can nebody throw sum light on it :(

pls see this link

*www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG965RY/index.htm

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^^other than NFS Carbon, how are the other games running??? (nfs mw, gta sa...). & @ what resolution.

how much the DG965RY costed.

my present Intel 915g m/b does not have PCI-e slots, so i cant even put a PCI-e gfx. card. :(

so can you guys PLEASE suggest a m/b which has the BEST ONBOARD gfx. (or) a m/b + low end gfx. card. combo for under $250.

will there be any POWER SUPPLY problem, i mean in USA the standard supply Voltage o/p is around 120v (am i right), & in here in India its 240v.

=>Intel DG965RY costs ~$120.

intel m/b + GS7600 =$250 ($50 extra)

Is it worth to spend on 7600GS now.

Last edited:

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
i havnt tried the other games yet ... :D

coz i bought it just 2 weeks ago . mobo costed me 6.1K :)

this shud b in ur budget .... it has all u need ....

n im goin 2 buy a GFX card {7600GT/GS} in jan. .. so carbon shud run :)

n i dont know abt the power supply :(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
shall i just buy Intel DG965RY m/b & Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz

you can get a idea how freakin confused i am. :D :( :x

G

gxsaurav

@s18000rpm

U go & buy this combo, GMA X3000 is not meant for gaming anyway, even when it's made DX10 compatible in hardware, it's just so to support Windows Vista Aero compleately, Intel does makes good onboard graphics, but they are hardly made for gaming. U better buy an Add-in card if u r looking for gaming.

With GMA X3000, u can run your operating system fine, thats it. Thats what it is meant to run basically, u can run games, but forget the performance even when it is DX10 based, it's just to support the DX10 features like enhanced prediction etc in the OS UI to use less GPU cycles to run the UI efficiently

Other option from nvidia are Geforce 6150 onboard but thats for AMD, & ATI Radeon express chipset, but the future of ATI Intel chipset is uncertain (driver problems may arise) & in my own opinion, ATI drivers are a bloat anyway

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
my mobo is based on 6100 chipset from nVidia and it is nice enough to play carbon with mid details and blurr turned on at low resolution. But any onboard graphics cannot match a graphics card which ever directx ver. it uses but getting a board supporting DX10 will definetly be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom