Where can I get Software to enhanse win XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmitD

Right off the assembly line
Apart from Downloading DesktopX/Object Desktop(from stardock website) is digit providing these softwares on some previous CD's which I can look for? OR is Digit going to provide these in the near future?
I Really dig the desktop's which are showcased by Digit.
Can anyone help.
Thanks .
Amit.

theraven

Technomancer
others like style xp which will be found on this months digit
windows blinds

visit wincustomise.com
wincustomise.org
themexp.org
for themes and guides on how to change ur vs/boot screen/logon screens
and yeah there have been topics on this before
plz search for further details

swatkat

Technomancer
Get this Gant 2 Ocean Shell Replacement, looks cooooooooool, without any overdose........
Get it here

moshel

Padawan
I have used Windows blinds, stardock and style Xp before but everytime after some days my computer used to end up in a mess.

These softwares look good but after some days u will get lots of errors. I donot recommend you to use it regularly

Tech&ME

Banned
I had also installed StyleXP from the Digit CD but after few days when I uninstalled it the Microsoft Outlook Icon on the Desktop changed to Outlook Express Icon instead. Is this a known issue or not I don't know. And btw this software gives a good look but are not good to keep on your computer for long as they hog resources and have bugs.

OP
A

AmitD

Thanks everyone.Is digit providing a complete CD containing similar softwares?say a complete enhansment package?
I would definately go in for that.

allindrome

Journeyman
You should be looking to enhance the performance of Windows XP rather than its looks.Anyway I suggest hacking the uxtheme.dll files and then appyling the visual styles as there is no chance of any third party utilities consuming your resources.

serioussam

change the looks of windows xp

:D you can install the windows longhorn distrubutional pack which is available on digit december 2004 cds :D
:shock: you can also use stylexp and windows blind to change the look of your deskto. :shock:
you can get the themes from
www.themexp.org :twisted:
you can also look for other sites under the links :idea:

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm. .. Well .. Most of the files downloaded from ThemeXP.org contains spyware (New.net & QuickSearch) .. Do not install those ...

kool

Cyborg Agent
how to install icon set in CRYSTAL XP RC1 ???

recently i downloaded CRYSTAL XP RC1 (shell replacement), which is very coooooool. but i dont know how to change icon set? i've downloaded extra icon files in .zip format. but how to install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom