Where can i get 850MB cds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailendra

Journeyman
I recently slipstreamed office 2003 and made an ISO image with the AIO Maker. This came to around 906mb now I need a 850 mb capacity cd which i can use to overburn the iso....any one know where to get such cds?

theraven

Technomancer
850 MB ??
i dun think those are available dude
only max ones i know of are the 800 mb ones ... 90 min
thats it ...
but i think there was talk of 120 min cds
anyways wait for others ... migth be possible

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I dont think this is possible either. Dude if you slipstreamed it then it shouldnt be that big a size. I have seen the AIO CD's and its not even close to 700 MB let alone 90o mb!!! I thik there might be something wrong in your slipstream process.

Jazzrulz

Broken In
Although u cant get 850 mb cds, 800 mb cdr's are available in the market. I would advice you to use overburning or compression to make this 850 mb data fit into an 800 mb cdr

OP
S

sailendra

Journeyman
@threaven
well yes, there are 850mb capacity cds only i dont know where in India?? :(
@icecoolz
Well beleive me, there is nothing wrong with the slipstream process...the patches for office 2003 add up to the size. and yes the size i mentioned is right and the image works fine using Nero Image drive.

@Jazzrulz
The overburning doesnt help with the size i mentioned...I guess i have to look harder for those 850MB ones...

OP
S

sailendra

Journeyman
Well, there are 850mb cds look at this article
*www.dansdata.com/cdrs.htm

The other kind of outlandish CD-R currently available is the "99 minute" disc, with more than 850Mb capacity. They're on the market now. You can only use these ultra-capacity discs to their full capacity with a few CD writers and software packages, though, and going much over the 80 minute mark means you're likely to be making a disc that only a select few can read.

@drgrudge
me have no dvd-rom / writer. like i said, i'd like to burn the cd image for office 2k3 sp1 on to these highcapacity cd-r's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom