Where are my Optical Drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Today, when I turned on my system, then headed to MY Computer,
ooops, there were only four Harddisk partitions and Floppy drive visible.
Where has my three optical drives gone?

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Check the hardware profile of your PC( right click on the my computer icon,then select properties.Go to the hardware tab, then click on device manager.)

Expand the part which shows dvd/cd-rom drives. See whether the drives have been disabled or not. If they are disabled then enable them.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
emailaatif786 said:
Today, when I turned on my system, then headed to MY Computer,
ooops, there were only four Harddisk partitions and Floppy drive visible.
Where has my three optical drives gone?

go to
RUN>>regedit
>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Delete upper filter and lower filter entries and reboot....

Do backup ur registry before doing this..:D..but this sol will surely help u ;)

47shailesh

Security Exp
Ensure that power cord and buses are connected properly....

Just open your device manager do a refresh check if your optical drive is UP or not..

if not then reboot ur system go to bios check if system is detecting ur drives ??

and then reply.... :)

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
I tried to again scan for HARDWARE CHANGE, Windows XP detected both the drives as "New Hardware Found" at startup and installed the drives with own drivers. BUT it did'nt work.I tried to restore my system, but it also did't work. What is the cause of suddenly disappearing and uncompitaibilitity of
drivers? How can I now install them?

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
emailaatif786 said:
I tried to again scan for HARDWARE CHANGE, Windows XP detected both the drives as "New Hardware Found" at startup and installed the drives with own drivers. BUT it did'nt work.I tried to restore my system, but it also did't work. What is the cause of suddenly disappearing and uncompitaibilitity of
drivers? How can I now install them?

MY PLEASURE :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom