Whats up with the ads ... so irritating

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Hi All,

Initially I thought they are just on the right side, so big deal, it ok. Then they are on the left, and before you can think they are at the top bottom of the page as well.

I was like WT@#$%. Now recently I notices they have induced ads inside the posts as well, I mean seriously!!!!.

Yes ok ads have to be there as they are the major means to earn, they are the sponsors. but thinkdigit has taken it to extremes, and the most latest that broke all my patience is the junglee.com pop ad that come on top of every page of think digit as many time you refresh or visit the page......so irritating!!!!:-x:-x

I seriously think, they should cut down the number and level of ads they have induced in every god damm place there is on the forum pages. It make the over all experience very very irritarting plus pages takes forever to load.

My experience on think digit forums has gone down from poor to worse coz of these everywhere ads.

Just thought to share my experience ..

Regards
Sammy

D

Deleted member 118788

Switch to NEO TDF Members theme and the ads will be gone. Also use a adblocker.

Last edited by a moderator:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Ads are/were never meant for registered members.

Select 6.5/neo tdf members theme from usercp, save, and you won't face them, ever. At least I haven't. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
hehe...I dont see ads. On them TDF V6.5. Look at the bottom left of this page.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
hehe...I dont see ads. On them TDF V6.5. Look at the bottom left of this page.

Changing from the bottom of the page will work only for current session, therefore one has to change it from usercp > general settings, save, to make it work every time.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
wowo .... thanks what a relief, I guess the default theme for members should be "NEO TDF Members" and not Guests .... but anyway thanks for point this out, changed to members theme and its much better now.:)

ALso a bit off topic, the HTML tags are not working in my sig, anything I am missing again .. ??

- - - Updated - - -

Changing from the bottom of the page will work only for current session, therefore one has to change it from usercp > general settings, save, to make it work every time.

Yes did that, but shouldn't this be the default theme for members .... instead of manually changing the same.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

I am always logged in so doesnt matter to me.

- - - Updated - - -

ALso a bit off topic, the HTML tags are not working in my sig, anything I am missing again .. ??
html tags in signature were removed after an update.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lol sam9s. Looks like you took a long break from TDF. :p

The topic of this thread "Whats up with the ads" made me to imagine, "WhatsApp" got the ads (after being acquired by FB :rofl:)

Anyway, yes no ads for registered members. And HTML from siggys were disabled since two months now, to curb the use of IMG tags. I guess they are working on it to get it fixed soon. Hoping for the best.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Not a long break as such, but yes I did not notice when did the ads start coming, (till the time it really start becoming irritating) since I never changed the theme and there were no ads initially. (I am a registered member since like 9 years .. :)) .... As I said the Member Theme should be default for the members who log in

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes did that, but shouldn't this be the default theme for members .... instead of manually changing the same.
Go to Settings/User CP and save it as your default skin.

It will become default for you on every device.

flyingcow

Shibe
thinkdigit, they are infamous for spamming ads every freaking where..
offtopic
also their magazine , digit, has an ad every page, yes you read that right every page...one side is article other is an ad, like wth? and when they get fan mil about it they say something like along the lines of

*cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/47032414.jpg
and the jabong ad in photos is really pissing me off, why do you gotta be such an ad-whore? isnt the money you get from existing ads enough?
idk why but i still see the jabong ad in 6.5, what am i doing wrong? or is it supposed to be there?
also there was this "mobile deals" sh!t which was really cheap too..

Top Bottom