whats the difference between Xantos,linspire with linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
I am a newbie . I heard about LINUX operating system that it has different types like SUSE, redhat , fedora , ubuntu ? whats the difference between all these ? and there are something which is combination of windows and linux like lindos , linspire and xantos? whats the advantage of using lindows than a original linux?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The basic difference is the Package Managers they use. Red Hat/Fedora and some others use the RPM (RH Package Manager) where as Ubuntu, SuSe, etc use DEB (Debian Package Managers)

Apart from this I guess there are other vital diffrences too, maybe some guru will answer it later here :)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Qwerty, you are wrong !! Suse also uses RPM format!! Ubuntu, Knoppix are based on Debian. Debian is more secure. You can try Ubuntu if you want. Anyway your question must be posted in the 'Open Source' section!!! Don't do this mistake again.

OP

Journeyman
I have asked a question thats why I put it in the open-source section , however I think lindos , linspire and xantos are not free so why it will go to the open source section?

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
As per my knowledge and experience with these distros, I have found the packages (different software for different uses) different.

mkmkmk

In the zone
Problem with linux is installation of new softwares........is there any way so we can install linux softwares easily like windows..........means just click setup and then next ...i accept.....next......finished........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom