What was that

Status
Not open for further replies.

int86

You'r Born Free
As always i switched my Pc. It has two XP and one Win98 partition. I usually I work on firsrt Xp partition.
After welcome screen I saw blank screen with mouse pointer only. Several attemps to boot in both Xp partition failed, then I tried Win98 with sucess. when I restarted everything was OK.
What was that, during disk cheking some BOOTEX.log file was mentioned.

Mayur

Broken In
Try bootng in safemode by pressing F8 at boot menu
If it boots in safemode OK then you will need to uninstall newly installed software
Could probably help ya

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
As I already told everything is Ok. I just wanted to know what and how that happenned

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its best not to run a dual boot with 98 and XP, sucks. But I really dont know what kind of system file interference took place.

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
Sorry to say but I dont care what a new user says.

I recently changed CMOS battery. I got the new battery from an watch shope. I checked battery, its fine.

One major point I got. whenever I starts sys it says to press F2 to reset CMOS setting, then only comes the blank screen with mouse pointer.
After i follow the privious step i.e. to boot in 98 then to Xp back.

So what is happening. battery is ok , i checked it with a 3v bulb.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
int86 said:
Sorry to say but I dont care what a new user says.

I recently changed CMOS battery. I got the new battery from an watch shope. I checked battery, its fine.

One major point I got. whenever I starts sys it says to press F2 to reset CMOS setting, then only comes the blank screen with mouse pointer.
After i follow the privious step i.e. to boot in 98 then to Xp back.

So what is happening. battery is ok , i checked it with a 3v bulb.

dude a mobo problem....the capacitor ...to be specific.....its taking up the battery power..so u haev to replace it......ur mobo need a mechanic.....repair cost mi8 be near to 300.......if i am ri8..i had same problem..with my old mobo...

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
@wizrulz
I check the battery frequently, its Ok. If something on mobo is draining the power of battery then battery would hve drained out(i.e. got dischared). But since battery remains ok, shows that nothing is draining CMOS bttery. thanx for ur input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom