What to do with Direct X 9.0c SDK????

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickymustdie

Broken In
Hi All,

This is Vicky here. I play games a lot and always read tech magazines like DIGIT and CHIP INTELLIGENCE. While reading any Graphic card review, I always come across Direct X and 3D Mark Software on which these games get tested.

Recently I found these Softwares on these Magazines CD's. I want to know as a Game Player, how I can take use of these Softwares.

I only play games. But still want to know what I can do after installing the Softwares like Direct X 9.0c SDK and 3D Mark 2000?

Waiting for Reply.

G

gxsaurav

DirectX 9 SDK is for making game enignes to make games in DirectX, it is not meant fo playing games, for that we have DirectX 9 Runtimes which comes with windows & seperately

sniper

Broken In
SDK = Software development kit. it is for authoring stuff which run using directx but It is for playing games too. when u install it, u will be able to play games.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
and 3D mark softwares are for analysing how good your computer is for gaming
it is also called as a benchmarking software
its tests the HARDWARE capabalities of your computer to work with games
it normally will test your hardware such as the processor
the most important thing your graphics card etc
and then will give you a score which then you can upload it to thier site and compare the score with fellow gamers
this hence brings competion and hence makes you want to make your computer the ULTIMATE GAMING MACHINE :D

casanova

The Frozen Nova
game developers make game with the help of a few utilities. dirextx is a utility that hekps in handling dlls and many other files. it is bundled with lots of cutting edege technology. so directx is used mostly in all games. Have you noticed the games even supply a version of directx. this version was used in the development of the game. so to handle the files back again directx is required.
sdk stands for self development kit and is used for making applications from directx. i dont know much about it.
3dmark are benchmarking softwares. they have the performances of some standard pcs bundled with. they are used to evaluate your pcs performance. they calaculate various aspects of the pc such as read speed, write speed, division, graphics,etc..(not remembering since i haven't used a benchmarking tool for long time).You can evalutae your pcs performance and uninstall this benchmarking softwares instead wasting that precious 150mb of harddisk space.

sniper

Broken In
yes I think it includes basic source codes for makin games. it will probably provide kindof an addon to programming languages, therefore suppoting game creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom