what to buy in Rs. 3000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
my dad set aside Rs. 3000 for me to buy a dvdrom-cd RW combo

but i see that i think i need a usb thumb drive more.

my nearby shopkeeper is giving it for 1200 (128 mbs) -sony microvault

but onsite prices r gvery high

so i was wondering, should i go in for a cdRW + usb thumb drive? or

dvdrom+ usb thumb drive.

i want a dvd drive to acces digit dvds, and movies.

a cd RW to take hdd backups and create my own mp3 cds

and a usb thumb drive to transfer large amount of data

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i think u should go 4 a cdrw+dvd combo....u can use rewritable discs 2 carry small amounts of data....

OP
G

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
i wanna transfer data from reliance webworld cyber cafes to home as they charge 40 to write cds, even if its small amount of data. so i need a usb thumbdrive

u know any good companies? i found good deals on bazee foir transcend and sony

G

gxsaurav

Hmmm, which webworld, kapoorthala won't lt U copy to Thumb drive, I have tried it

Better if U go for CD-RW atleast, or better go for Combo drive, it will sot U about Rs 3k, in Naja market while Rs 1800 for CD Writer

OP
G

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
no tulsi

if i wanna copy stuff to my pal's computer who doesnt have a writer, then i wanna use the thumb drive as ua huge floppy

theraven

Technomancer
u dont need a writer to read the cds u write
u just need a cdrom
and i bet ur friend has one of those on his comp atleast

OP
G

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
u dont understand. what if i wanna copy some good videos, songs and pics from his computer? and they wont fit in a floppy

my friend has manny good videos of songs

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
videos take up a lot of space dude...1 music video can take upto 50MB depending on the quality....that's when a cd comes in handy...but u do have a point....almost every computer will accept the usb drive...

G

gxsaurav

This is the only thing good, USB drive can be used anywhere, U sure U get permission in Tulsi, if U can go there then come to meet me in Arena on monday, it just right to it

CD writer will be a better choice, I was also in a dilemma waht to buy last year, so I baught Combo drive, & then sold my floppy drive & baught a Old 32 MB pen drive, the cost for Sony Microvault is rite

OP
G

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
whats arena??

and who will buy a 1998 floppy drive? i got it with my hcl computer which i upgraded to p3

and after changing old mouse and keyboard, only the monitor and floppy drive r left

OP
G

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
ok so plz tell me the final prices

how much willa good cd writer cost?about 1500 to 1700?

and which is the best brand?

and sony microvault for 1100

andusb 2.0 card for about 400(4 ports)

all should fit in 3000

G

gxsaurav

Arena = Arena Multimedia

There is no need to buy a USB 2.0 card, it will work fine with USB 1.1, although these things won't come in Rs 3k only, I would say get a DVD ROM & USB Drive, to move files use the pen drive, if they are large brake them with WinRAR

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
Go for DVD+CDRW combo
Its not easy to transfer files with a usb drive just as u think.
I possess one.
It requires Windows 2000 or XP or else everytime u need to install the drivers where ever u wanna connect.

GameAddict

In the zone
Combo+ Drive Casing

Hi,

An idea struck me... You can go for a combo drive and to get your data transfer done you can buy an external Hard Disk casing (Under 1200/-), so that you can use your HDD/Writer as an external drive. Check out bazee with keywords "External casing". Let me know, what you decide!

Bye!

GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom