what r ur views on 6600gt 128mb ddr3 agp 8x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Could u guyz help me in my buying decision. I want 2 buy xfx geforce 6600gt 128mb ddr agp 8x card. Can u suggest any similar card and if possible plz give me the price of the product in kolkata.

My system is:
P4 3.0GHz Prescott with HT
Original Intel 865gbf Motherboard
512 mb ddr RAM
80GB Harddisk

If 256 MB version is available plz give the price.

My budget is 12k.
:? :wink: :idea:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey john, welcome to the forum. there is a sticky specially for all grafix card queries and your post shud have been there but then since you are new here .. its okay.

the 6600gt is no doubt the best card for your budget and will let you play all present games comfortably.

and xfx cards are good. the price for 128 mb agp will be around 11k and for 256 mb around 12-13k.

rohanbee

Padawan
John you should have bought the 915 series on mobo's and onwards as they have a pci-e slot !!
now you will have to buy the agp version of the card.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
the 6600GT agp rockz .... it even outperforms the pcix ver. in some games ... get the 128mb ver... its enough for the games mainly because the mem. is ddr3 ... i run d3 on ultra high settings and still get over 30 fps ...

also dont think about future upgradability .. i've heard the 7800's will have their own agp variants ....

sandeeprao

Broken In
is there any major diffrence between the 128mb 6600gt and 256 mb 6600gt??i heard that there were some problems with the 256 mb version. is it true??

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
the 256mb ver comes with ddr mem .. thats indicates very poor oc'ing capability ... it also indicates low performance in games that loads near 256mb textures ...

check this out:
*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listFeatures.jspa?seriesId=42

godzi_85

In the zone
ya true........
if you see the performance of a 256 mb card and compare it with a 128 mb.. the 128 mb actually beats the crap out of the 256 one..
at least in
PA, cold fear and brothers in arms.. and i`m talking about pci-e XFX cards...
i just got a friend to review this so i know. this much..
get a 128 mb one.. ddr3 memory. and its damn goood over clocking ability.....
and do`nt worry about future upgrades... if you just like to play games.. and not worry about resolutions ..then well.. 2-3 years almost certain with this card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom