What motherboard Can i buy for AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
I am going to buy AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and a Leadtek Geforce 6600 PCI-ex(non-GT) version, So please tell me which motherboard will be good for me and the cost must not be more than Rs.7500 for the motherboard.. Also my vendor told to go for leadtek Geforce 6600(non-GT) card which he said cost Rs.6900 for 128MB and Rs.7900 for 256Mb(Chennai price-NO VAT enabled here). SO can i go for leadtek or which brand shall i go. I dont want to spend more than Rs.7000 on the gfx card.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Get Asus A8N-E it will fall within your budget of 7.5K.
And to be honest spend extra 3-3.5K and get the 6600GT. the performance difference between 6600GT and non GT is too large to settle for 6600.
If you can do away with 3 months old PCI express Gigabyte 6600GT then let me know. I have one which i dont use anymore. I will give you a very nice deal on it ;)

quad master

In the zone
See mu friend.

Instead of getting a 3200+ get a 3000+ it wud cost
you 7.5 to 8K for it , the 3200+ is a bit costly like 11-12K the difference 200Mhz speed.

Get a ASUS A8N-E Motherboard for 8.5K
and you can overclock that 3000+ to speeds of
3500+ i.e. 2.2Ghz Easily.

Overclocking is used to increase ur CPU speed from
stock speed to higher speed.

On how to overclock see this threads.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic...6d&PHPSESSID=1b2a2daab9d14b9667260d4876d1adcb

Get a Big/Gainward/LeadTek 6600GT 128MB PCI-E x16 Version only.
Cost 10K

The cost which u save on the CPU will give u gr8 benefits while playing games.

however running ur system 200Mhz slower wont affect much where as 6600GT instead of 6600 nongt
will give u dramatic chage in game perfo.

think about it

OP
D

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
You see i am not only gamer but i also use programmes like photoshop, do video editing, etc. Not a professional though.

aceman

Broken In
kameyameya said:
where is delta ?

can u tell the price in mumbai of that board

Delta peripherals chennai, it is in Riche street, Sorry no idea abot the prices in mumbai, should be the same I believe.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Mumbai pricing will mostly be more bcoz we have to pay Vat and Octri on the base price and dealers will quote price all inclusive which will end up higher than many other parts on India now.

hummer

Journeyman
hey guys
correct me if i m wrong but 3000+ doesnt come as a socket 939 only 754. so.......... isnt 3200+ better with either MSI K8N NEO OR THE ASUS A8N

harshagarwal

Journeyman
i purchased the Asus A8N-E in the month of june at around 8400/- dont know current prices but its avery good board.

dont think just get it.

AlienTech

In the zone
quad master said:
See mu friend.

you 7.5 to 8K for it , the 3200+ is a bit costly like 11-12K the difference 200Mhz speed.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic...6d&PHPSESSID=1b2a2daab9d14b9667260d4876d1adcb

Cost 10K

however running ur system 200Mhz slower wont affect much where as 6600GT instead of 6600 nongt

think about it

Bravo!!!!! Give the man a bone errr warning errr points, what not.... For once someone got a very good answer... And it hardly cost him anything... yet anyway....

AlienTech

In the zone
hummer said:
hey guys
correct me if i m wrong but 3000+ doesnt come as a socket 939 only 754. so.......... isnt 3200+ better with either MSI K8N NEO OR THE ASUS A8N

I don't think AMD had a 3000+ 939 in their original spec. The claw-hammer but both the winchester and Venice have 3000+ 939's. I would get a Venice one because it runs cooler and uses less stringent memory but is slightly slower. But the winchester seems to be more over clockable but needs better memory chips.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Its exactly opposite.
Winchester was the first revision of 90nm fab and had few bugs in it. The memory bug, cold temp bug etc.
These were resolved in the venice and correct stepping venice will overclock way more than winchesters.
You can always use memory dividers if RAM is restricting.
Venice has SSE3 support which Winchester lack.
Also there are new E6 revision venice that just started hitting markets which are again revised and better venice core CPUs.
These can be identified by the top line on the CPU ending with AA4BW compared to AA4BP on E3 revision venice.
Forget about winchesters. Its not worth getting einchester now. Venice is not more expensive or anything. You just need to check and make sure its venice.Look at the pic below. see the red rectangle i marked, thats what you need to see. Its visible from the box windows thats there on each processor box.
Make sure its AA4BP or AA4BW.
*img334.imageshack.us/img334/2481/amd5ji.jpg

OP
D

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
See mu friend.

Cost 10K

think about it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bravo!!!!! Give the man a bone errr warning errr points, what not.... For once someone got a very good answer... And it hardly cost him anything... yet anyway....

Thank you for your reply.

If the price between Geforce 6600 and 6600GT is only 3k to 3.5k i'll then go for that. But can anyone tell me why AMD give good performance than intel though it has low clock speed and L2 Cache.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Its AMD architecture. AMD processors do more work per clock cycle. Meaning they are more efficient.
And they also have onboard memory controller. So memory performance is increased and CPU dont have to communicate with northbridge all the time during memory operation as it used to in past.
Thats why AMD is better. But ya there are softwares where pure MHZ always wins like encoding-decoding videos, 3dsmax, cad work where P4 still has upper hand due to its pure Mhz.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Nope man, no margin.
Prices were cut few days ago on A8N-E.
Asus is pushing it to replace A8V Deluxe AGP board. Plus some states dont have Vat yet and some cities dont even have octrai. So sometimes things can be more expensive in cities like mumbai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom