What makes Blackberry so special

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
As the title says, i know about push email, other than that is there any major difference between the BBs and other fones, let's a HP fone & a nokia fone?

also i'm aware of the govt. vs BB battle, so stick to the question please :)

thank you.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yes. The blackberry wireless e-mail is the reason for the success. It's very fast, stable (not that much recently), tie up with lot of corporates.
Blackberry Enterprise Server package is very famous in USA.

wiki says :
BES can act as a sort of e-mail relay for corporate accounts so that users always have access to their e-mail. The software monitors the user's local "inbox", and when a new message comes in, it picks up the message and passes it to RIM's Network Operations Center (NOC). The messages are then relayed to the user's wireless provider, which in turn delivers them to the user's BlackBerry device.

One thing that I can say for sure is that nobody else is able to provide better alternative to this and hence Blackberry is still the largest manufaturer of PDA phone in USA.

more info :*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
BlackBerries have the ability of sending mail faster than the capabilities of Yahoo , Gmail etc.... The Internet experience is blazing fast than rest of the lot ...
U can get BB Connect over HP , Nokia and SE phones but they aren't successful for push email ( i tried on the Nokia 9500 )

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah, email is the only reason...to make blkberi so special. no more things are gud enough there.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It's not at all worthy to use Blackberry in India. It's pure business class email phone.

BTW, they are now releasing a flip-open style blackberry targetting multimedia enthusiasts.

and yes, Blackberry is for email and internet. Nothing else.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Actually BB might be a business segment fone, but it DOES make a cool statement too. Don't you guys agree?

Offtopic: whats the cost of cheapest BB available in India? I heard one of the models sells for Rs.6k or so.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Thanks a ton for the reply guys and yeah enticer that's the reason why dad asked me to inquire about it

BBThumbHealer

BB Curve is statement for Style & Business .... The 6K model is 7130g and 11K model is 7100g .... Believe me , if u ppl choose BB once , u won't afford to leave that in for another phone !

BB Curve has all the features of that present in a multimedia phone .... also , u get handy business phone features as well ! :)

Curve has the model no. 8310.... BB Pearl has model no. 8120 ! :) The former retails for 24999/- and the latter for Rs. 21999/-

only for mail, no other reason???
what is the OS?? can we use that phone OS like symbian or linux??

RIM has its own platform .... it plans to integrate the SAP OS in its upcoming devices !

BTW, they are now releasing a flip-open style blackberry targetting multimedia enthusiasts.

Don't know abt that .. Acc. to sources , the next in line of the series is the 9xxx model ... It is known as the iPhone Killer !

Last edited:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
7130g @ 6k
Basically at 6k, i'd prefer BB to any other fone- its a statement in itself, not only for businessmen but also for students!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
BB Curve is statement for Style & Business .... The 6K model is 7130g and 11K model is 7100g .... Believe me , if u ppl choose BB once , u won't afford to leave that in for another phone !

BB Curve has all the features of that present in a multimedia phone .... also , u get handy business phone features as well ! :)

Curve has the model no. 8310.... BB Pearl has model no. 8120 ! :) The former retails for 24999/- and the latter for Rs. 21999/-

RIM has its own platform .... it plans to integrate the SAP OS in its upcoming devices !

Don't know abt that .. Acc. to sources , the next in line of the series is the 9xxx model ... It is known as the iPhone Killer !

yep. It's name is Blackberry kickstart

BBThumbHealer

Here Are The Kickstart Images ::

*www.crackberry.com/files/u3/kickstartblackberry1.jpg

*www.crackberry.com/files/u3/BlackBerryKickStart3.jpg

*crackberry.com/files/u3/BlackBerryKickStart1.jpg

BlackBerry iPhone Killer is known as the BlackBerry STORM ! :) It will be added later to the 9000 Series ... Specs are awaited till now ! But i can confirm the following ::

624MHz Intel XScale PXA270 processor ( Faster than iPhone's 620MHz ARM 1173 processor )
Full Touch interface
3G , GPS, WiFi, HSDPA
3.2 MP Camera With Xenon Flash
480 x 320 resolution screen
1GB onboard memory

Here are the pics of the latest BB 9000 ::

*images.crackberry.com/files/u3/reviewimages/blackberry9000b/blackberry9000part2.jpg

Time for me to upgrade from the 8310 Curve ! :)

Last edited:

nikhilpai

Techans
BlackBerries have the ability of sending mail faster than the capabilities of Yahoo , Gmail etc.... The Internet experience is blazing fast than rest of the lot ...
U can get BB Connect over HP , Nokia and SE phones but they aren't successful for push email ( i tried on the Nokia 9500 )

BB over Nokia or SE phones should give u the same push mail experience as on a Blackberry handset. Works amazingly well on the Nokia E61i atleast AFAIK.

BBThumbHealer

BB over Nokia or SE phones should give u the same push mail experience as on a Blackberry handset.

Not in all cases .. even the operators and handset makers confirm this.

Works amazingly well on the Nokia E61i atleast AFAIK.

Mine experience was quite bad with the 9500 .... The Nokia phone was unable to get the signals when BB Connect was enforced !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom