what laptop to buy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdg2

Right off the assembly line
i work on cad and multimedia softwares. planning to buy a laptop within 50,000/- wd appreciate any advice on this.

thanks
sdg
delhi

G

gxsaurav

for CAD and multimedia U better not get a Laptop, cos it will be low on performance, better go for a Desktop PC with dual core CPU, that would be the best choice

However, if u are keen to go for laptop, I would suggest a customised dell inspiron 9400, but that may go beyond your budget, but its' 17" LCD based

else u can go for inspiron 6000

core duo cpu will be best suited, add to it a DirectX 9c based graphics card, since it's CAD, nvidia geforce 6 series is prefered, cos it has better openGL 2.0 performance, for Premiere pro 2.0 or Autocad or Viz

Get 1 GB RAM for sure, & not to forget a Mouse, cos the touchpad sux big time for CAD, the Harddisk size as required

OP
S

sdg2

thank you for the reply. i do work on desktop for these operations but i need it mainly forpresenattion purpose. what do you think of HP Compaq nx6125? with 512mb ram? it has the following as per dealer:

HP Nx6125 Laptop (EM345PA#UUF+DF768A)
AMD Turion ML30 (1.6) Processor/ 1MB integrated cache, ATI chipset, 256 MB DDR SDRAM, 40 GB (5400 RPM) HDD, DVD-CDRW Combo Drive, 15.0" Color TFT, 128-MB shared video memory, Integrated 802.11b/g wireless/ Integrated Bluetooth/ Multimedia, 6 cell Li-Ion Battery, Touch pad with Scroll zone, 6-in-1 media reader, 10/100/1000 Gigabit NIC, 56K Modem, DOS, 1 year international customer carry-in warranty/ carrycase

guidance wd help a lot.
thanks

G

gxsaurav

hmm, for presentation purpose that is enough, but again what kind of presentation. I m assuming that U will be showing only the Video's of what U have made, so use a good compression. H.264 has a high cpu decoding requirment, so it again depends on your presentation requirments

other then that, that HP Laptop with 512 MB RAM, is enough, just make sure, if possible u can get it with some graphics card, to make it vista compatible

digitalbob

i thought of buying the compaq pres v6102 but now the product is discontinued. can anyony suggest an alterative?
min config: amd turion 64 x2, 512 ddr2 ram, dvd writer, >40 gb hdd

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thr is already a thread for laptop related queries in mobile monsters thread. Y create a new thread?

sdg2 said:
thank you for the reply. i do work on desktop for these operations but i need it mainly forpresenattion purpose. what do you think of HP Compaq nx6125? with 512mb ram? it has the following as per dealer:

HP Nx6125 Laptop (EM345PA#UUF+DF768A)
AMD Turion ML30 (1.6) Processor/ 1MB integrated cache, ATI chipset, 256 MB DDR SDRAM, 40 GB (5400 RPM) HDD, DVD-CDRW Combo Drive, 15.0" Color TFT, 128-MB shared video memory, Integrated 802.11b/g wireless/ Integrated Bluetooth/ Multimedia, 6 cell Li-Ion Battery, Touch pad with Scroll zone, 6-in-1 media reader, 10/100/1000 Gigabit NIC, 56K Modem, DOS, 1 year international customer carry-in warranty/ carrycase

guidance wd help a lot.
thanks

if possible raise the budget by atleast 50%, for 50k you will only get the lappy of no use other than simple office apps, even to work on presentations conveniently the machine shoulsd have at least 1gb ram(ddr2)and atleast 256mb dedicated graphics card, remaining specs are common and they only highlight to show large list,
as you are still planning to buy then go for vista ready ones and always do home work on after sales warranty which is the main area of concentration which others fails often and for brand thats just personal mythfication,hope this helps the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom