what kind of cooling solution will this reuqire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
am going to buld tthe new rig this rig will be for my 3d work and will be on for almost 12 to 14 hrs per day so things are going to get pretty hot especially with the type of programs like maya and the rendeing load it will be taking so i want some advice on the cooling solution i will need to use especailly the fans how many and were

ok here is my rig

amd 4200 x2 (dual core)
asus a8n sli premium
xfx 7800 gtx
ram ddr 400 mhz 1gb x 4
160 gb segate hard disk
antec lanboy cabinate or antec p180 (depends which one i get my hands on
and antec true power 550 volts

so now please suugest me a good colling solution not the pc will be working for more than 12 hrs at any given day ventialltion wise room is big but can get hot especailly were i stay in goa

G

gxsaurav

1) Whats the price of Athlon64 X2 4200+ in india Rupees

2) Don't go for SLI untill u need it, U will save money

3) Turn on Cool & Quite for cpu

4) 1 rear exhaust & 1 intake, as i haven;t seen the antec cases

sunmysore

Journeyman
Nothing extra is needed. AM is cooler than Intel nowadays. With the stock HSF, temps will be arnd 40-45*...u dont need to spend more on cooling. However get some fans...

royal

Padawan
U can use ARCTIC SILVER thermal paste ... comes for Rs. 650 (approx)

If u have got loads of money u can opt for a water cooloing system :twisted:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Use Arctic Silver thermal paste and replace the stock heatsink-fan with a copper heatsink-fan by Zalman, CoolerMaster or ThermalTake.

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
water cooling is a good but risky option if something goes wrong it suerly will fry my system i think more fans is good optionkeep the suggesttion coming i need all the help possible

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
stock cooling is good enough for the AMD athlon64's as long as you don't overclock them. The highest temp I hit is around 55 degrees with the fan at 1450 RPM, then the fan speeds up to 5k odd rpm and the temp goes down to 45 degrees at full load.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i think the stock hsf will be enough (changing the stock hsf also voids ur warranty so do it only at ur own risk).. just maintain proper ventilation and turn on the cool n quite feature. antec superlanboy has good front n rear ventilation. also cosider using cobra cables to avoid cable clutter inside ur cabinet for better ventilation.

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
hum you i right about the heat sink i think i will go with the one the company provides the warrenty is imp and also what will be the price of cobra cables i have not build a system befroe so i dont know whcih cables will be reqired if u can explain

mohit

The Hardware Labs
cobra cables are thin shielded cables for ur ide / floppy devices such as cd-rom , cd-rw etc which offer very lil perfomance boost but are very neat n clean unlike the traditional ide cables which hog space and look ugly ... cobra cables are available from antec and coolermaster in india. u can buy from them. there was a tut in this forum on how to make ur own cobra cables and u can refer to it. i am using coolermaster cobra cables and they are good. check the master hardware contact list for the contacts of coolermaster/antec and get more details from them or check their websites.

royal

Padawan
If ur building a new rig then there's no need to buy separate cobra cables... Asus/ Gigabyte/ MSi (along with some other) motherboards provide cobras for floppy and IDE drives 8) they are good looking too 8)

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
:D i am going for a asus premium mother board so then cobra cable should be aviable with them neat men any ways i will ask the dealer regarding the same

darklord

Cyborg Agent
royal said:
If ur building a new rig then there's no need to buy separate cobra cables... Asus/ Gigabyte/ MSi (along with some other) motherboards provide cobras for floppy and IDE drives 8) they are good looking too 8)

Ahem, arent cobra cables made by Antec ? also i dont remember any mobo maker providing cobra cables bundled with the board itself :lol:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Wow thats one heck of a system. Now as for cooling . Lets see. The Lanboy comes with space for 2 optional fans one in the rear and one in the front. Then of course the fan and heatsink that comes with the proccy. To be frank I think you should be ok with the heatsink and fan with the above config. But why waste two optional fan slots. Id say place those fans along with the proccy fan and heatsink and of course use Artic Silver. now remeber IM assuming that you are buying the Lanboy and not the SUper Lanboy which comes with 2, 120 m fans I think.

As for the P180 , now thats a totally different story. That thing is built for some heavy duty cooling. Here check out the the Cooling specs for the P180

Cooling System:
1 rear 120mm Tricool fan (standard) with 3-speed control to balance quiet with cooling
1 top (standard) 120mm TriCool Fan
1 lower chamber (standard) 120mm x 38mm (thick) TriCool Fan
Antec Quiet Computing Air Duct for better, quiet cooling of the graphics card
1 front (optional) 120mm fan
1 80mm fan (optional) for graphics cards

Either way i think both cases would be cool even if you threw it in fire :twisted: .

Are you referring to these cables
*www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=77226 Antec calls them Cobra Cables Im pretty sure you dont get Antec Cobra Cables with any mobo. However you might get others which are wrapped around the same way. I believe theres a thread on this forum on how to make the same by raven I think.

royal

Padawan
hey darklord ... the mobos I mentioned provide "plain vanilla" cobras :(

not the "glowing in the dark" ones made by ANTEC

but anyway they ARE cobras :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom