1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

What is this mail ?

Discussion in 'Internet & WWW' started by titun, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titun

titun Guest

Hello people. For the last 3/4 days I am receiving 2/3 mails from a person not known to me. The mail directly goes to the junk folder, has an attachment with an extension .HQX and shows 3 gray thumbnails named like photo,photo2,photo3. I guess its embedded with some kind of malicious item, so never opened or clicked over them, but they keep coming. Attaching the screenshot below. Explain me what are the risks involved and what are the possibility of it being a virus attack attempt.

[​IMG]

Excuse me for the poor image quality

2. sknowonweb

sknowonweb New Member

Do no open the file! It is a worm virus.

the virus is named W32/Nyxem-D. The effects after infection included turning off antivirus, sending itself to email addresses found on the infected PC, deleting files, etc.
    I got the following from google ..
    ...I think u cant stop incoming mail . But can identify that and delete that at first glance . It cant even be blocked as it uses different from address and subjects randomely i think so .

3. OP
    OP
    titun

titun Guest

@sknowonweb, thank you a lot for clearing my doubt. Scanned my PC with NYXEMGUI disinfector and thankfully it has not affected me. Thanks for the info,it really helped.

4. godsownman

godsownman New Member

OMG, this was news to me , must be careful next time onwards:)

Thanks

5. Ishan

Ishan New Member

O yes.. I got about 15 such mails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.