purifier

Broken In
Can someone please point me in the right direction:

I want a gadget that can enable me to do the following:

1. Run Windows
2. Run Office Suite
3. Play some normal games

and a little more...

I know it is called something like a PDA(or maybe Palmtop or maybe whatever - i don't know :( ) Can someone please suggest me a gadget that is available for a budget below Rs.10000/- Please Help...

phatratt

In the zone
there are gadgets/pda like O2,they are waaaay out of u'r budget.Most pda's with u'r requirements costs anywhere b/w 27-40K!!!!!!or a lil less.

OP
P

purifier

Broken In
Thank you so much. Guess i was miles away.. So can you please advice me on what I can get for a budget less than 10000... Need it for some basic word document reading, excel stuff and some more...

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
At 10000s Hmm only one place u could get one.
Buy Mumbai mirror daily(assuming u stay in mumbai)
Check every day for Direct to readers offer.
If u rluck y u could get one in the short time
BUt i doubt it could do everything expext for playing... as u mentioned
Pyaar - YOGI

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
u can go in for a second hand pda frm ebay
i saw an HP iPAQ 1945 Pocket PC PDA which offers all tht u want for 10500, but it is used.
also a new palm IIIxe pda cost abt 8500, but it doesnt offer all tht u want.

check out the above mentioned pdas here
click to go to ebay.in

OP
P

purifier

Broken In
Thank you again. Intead can i go for a device that runs symbian and not Windows? Are those devices available for a cheaper price? Please pardon me if i'm too ignorant but i'm really new to this world.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
HEy there r many options in symbian
If u want symbian, office suite, n games i would suggest ngage or ngage QD
Even 6630, 6600 will be perfect
But u will enjoy the games in qd n ngage. Take my worlds....

OP
P

purifier

Broken In
Oh!! I forgot to say one thing.. My main purpose would be to read some material related to the subject as well as competitive exams.... So, the device should be able to read doc, ppt, xls, pdf and some common formats... And I need the screen to be wide enough. I've read in digit way back in 2004 that there were some gadgets that had their name started with Z, i think. So, Symbian is a good chioice? And what could be the possible difference between a PDA and a Palm Top? I've seen palmtops that are available for 9000 and around. That was the reason for my budget plan.

capri435

Broken In
For that budget a Symbian Phone will be the best option.And 6630 rules in that case.Good performance almost flawless.Hot selling right now.Its abot 12.5k right now and the prices are falling every day.6-7 months ago it retailed for about 23k.
And yeah plenty of appz and games available for the platform.Go for it i wud say.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well it seems like you are looking for MS's Origami. But, it is still to release and anyway it will be outside your price range. Well more realistically you can take their advice and go for 6630 or look for some PDA running windows mobile and priced within your range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom