what is this 180 Search Assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
hi everyone,
recently i ran spybot s&d and removed all the spyware etc. but after that often a dialogue box appears " 180 search assistant "
180 search assistant has been removed by a third party software
click to re-install it
remind me later,
do not install.

what is this 180 search assistant? what does it do?
i have winxp, and EZ antivirus installed. plz help

OP
KHUBBU

KHUBBU

Journeyman
i found this:
*www.mrssurvival.com/ubbthreads/sho...r=47464&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

that means this is a spyware. then it means spybot has not removed it completely that's why i'm getting this message. but how will i remove it completely.any answers.

OP
KHUBBU

KHUBBU

Journeyman
no replies looks like no one had similar experience.
well i got one more link about it:( thanks deep u said if people look and try by their own they will find sol'ns easily)

*www.sawtoothdistortion.com/Articles/Uninstall180Search.html

OP
KHUBBU

KHUBBU

Journeyman
download hijack this .google it. its a small file. run the scan. see if u have some suspicious entry like:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [conscorr] D:\WINDOWS\conscorr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ewrcar] D:\WINDOWS\System32\dwafbiyf.exe

and delete theme. ( delete the above two if u have it through the "check fixed" button")

if u r not sure about an entry . google it to find more about it like:

conscorr - conscorr.exe - Process Information

Process File: conscorr or conscorr.exe
Process Name: TrojanDownloader.Win32.Stubby.c

Description:
consol32.exe is registered as the TrojanDownloader.Win32.Stubby.c downloader. This process usually comes bundled with a virus and it?s main role is to do nothing other than download other viruses to your computer. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately. Please see additional details regarding this process

I didn't got this soln from this forum. rahuljawale and abhay from tech-arena.com gave me the soln. try that forum if u don't find soln to ur problem. Most of the "senior" members of this forum are there.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Im havin a similar prob with besstsearches !! whenver a webpage is not found it keeps opening this site.. i've try ad-aware, spybot plus tried to change registry manually.. it keeps changin even the registry evrytime.. dono how to find and stop this progm..

OP
KHUBBU

KHUBBU

Journeyman
even spybot didn't removed it. have u downloaded some application recently. post ur hijack this log file here. clear out all the cookies and temporary internet files. and yes if u r using ie , switch to opera.

imgame

Broken In
well i had a problem like that .......just go to add remove programes this must be enlisted there ....say to uninstall it ...it will say it wants to go to internet for completion of uninstall ...do that .....and it iwll ask some questions ...answer them till u get the answer 180 search assistant is uninstalled restart ur comp.....i had a problem like that with my friend's comp and mine ....it went away for me and my friend atleast !

OP
KHUBBU

KHUBBU

Journeyman
maybe it never got uninstalled. its the way they do it. check the above links for more info. Connecting to internet and asking few questions - this way it gets reinstalled. what type of questions did it asked.

@SmoothCriminal. which version of spybot do u use. use 1.3 it will surely remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom