1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

what is the reason for sudden restart when using net?

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by muralidharan, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muralidharan

muralidharan New Member

hi
    i am using windows 98SE for internet.My system is getting restarted by itself all of a sudden!!
    Even i am using though norton internet security 2003 i am not able to control the intrusions!!!
    plz help me to overcome this problem :?:
    bye
    murali

2. flashweb

flashweb New Member

This happen if PC is infected by MS Blaster virus. But Windows 98 won't get infected by MS Blaster. Not sure any other virus do the same. Anyway check your pc with latest anti virus.

3. freshseasons

freshseasons King of my own Castle

I think MsBlast.exe will infect windows 98 tough its said it cannot infect it coz here is the Symatech tool for its removal on windows 98 .
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

You may find the worm in its other varient d name as ms blast (ISS X-Force), blaster (Symantec and Sophos), Win32.Poza (Computer Associates) or Lovsan (McAfee and F-Secure).
    Hope this will solve your problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.