What is the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

asher_friends

Broken In
hey guys whenever i insert Doom3 game cd or any other game which requires game cd to play it shows me an irritating error saying that........
"Doom3.exe has encountered an error and needs to close immediately,we are sorry for the inconvienece"
So this is the error i found out in the technical report in the Windows Error Reporting.....
"C:\DOCUME~1\OMSAI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\d14b_appcompat.txt"
and here is the error signature shown in Windows error reporting....

AppName: doom3.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: doom3.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000f94a6

Hey guys Please tell me[other than re-installing my OS] what to do as i want to play this game....Please

Here are my system config:
->Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
->Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
->System Manufacturer: INTEL_
->System Model: D915GAG_
->BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/29/05 21:08:57 Ver: 08.00.10
->Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
->Memory: 502MB RAM
->Page File: 412MB used, 816MB available
->Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
->DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
did DOOM3 run on ur onboard gfx. card before, or is it the first time.
if its the first time then, maybe your H/W is not supported, or maybe disabling of DMA might help.

its a suggestion at HP Support Centre. Go here to find out more on Disabling DMA.

this sugesstion is based on a similar config. HP PC.

if you havent done this for more than 1 1/2 month, then proceed.

Clear the contents in "Prefetch" folder.

=>>Start->run->prefetch

Select all & delete.

Then run a "Registry Scan" & CCleaner (to clear unwanted data from ur PC).

==>>one question-> have you installed any third party "Codecs" recently???
b'coz some codecs cause such problems (but not with all games).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Is it an original game disc? Daemon tools dosen't have anything to do with it.The 915 onboard does support DOOM 3,Heck even the 845 onboard runs Doom 3.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Do one thing
Download a Software called Virtual CD
now copy all of ur files from CD into ur HDD
now using Virtual CD make that file(doom folder) a Virtual CD
& try to run ur game

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
asher_friends said:
i have installed Daemon tools quite some time ago and since then this problem occurs in my system...what shud i do..

Uninstall the daemon tool.

when you know the reason , why didnt you uninstall it.

if you've already unistalled it & still are facing the problm, then you have to remove some Daemon Tool Drivers i think some "scsci" drivers. i'm not sure which driver, better wait for others reply.
in the ,mean time google.

OP
A

asher_friends

Broken In
-->Yes, it is an original Doom3 CD.It doesnt only happen to Doom3 cd..but to all game cds which needs their respective cd's to be inserted.I have already unistalled Daemon tools,but i think some autorun files have been lost in that process...is there any thing i can do to run Xp peacefully without this idiotic error..
-->I have Virutal drive installed in my computer,befor installing and unistalling Daemon tools...
-->Actually i installed Daemon tools so that i can play NFS-Most Wanted..which requires this software to run the game.....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
So do you still have a Virtual Drive.

If yes, Install the daemon tools again, open it & DISABLE the Virtual Drive, & after Disabling the Virtual drive, UnInstall the Daemon tools.

After you've restarted the PC run a Registry Scan & "Cleaner" using "CCleaner" (or using other s/w which u use), to clear (delete) all the unneccessary files (.tmp files) from ur PC.

now pop-in the game disc & tell us whether your problem is over or not. :)

OP
A

asher_friends

Broken In
Finally the setup problem is over..thank God ..but a new thing is happening to me...whenever i try to open a "newgame" in Doom3 game menu...it loads for about 40% and then exits to main menu...CAn any1 please tell me what the prblem is??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom