What is the problem with my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

asheet

Journeyman
Hi
I have a strange problem. My PC suddenly goes dead with only the Green light on Cabinet blinking. Even after I restart, nothing hapnnes except the blinking green LED.

I changed the SMPS with no success. Checked the Reset & powern switch but teh problem persists. It hapens occassionaly otherwise all works fine.

I have a P3 1100 Mhz, with ASUS MB. Can someone throw somelight. I changed OS from Win 2k to WinXp but with no success.
:(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Thats due to overheatin of ur proccy or the cabinet on the whole...

Happens to me sometimes if i sit for more than 6 hrs and without fans,...

busyanuj

In the zone
since you tried changing your OS, so you can see that the problem is not related to software. It's a hardware issue.
hmm... smps is also okay.

Does the problem occur after prolonged use of computer only or does it happen at random even when computer has been on for a few minutes only ?
if it occurs every now and then, then get your motherboard checked by a technician.

crashuniverse

In the zone
I have a strange problem. My PC suddenly goes dead with only the Green light on Cabinet blinking. Even after I restart, nothing hapnnes except the blinking green LED.

well i can help u fix this 'cos i have da same problem , absolutely same problem.

before i start i want few questions:
1. does ur comp go off when its start, even in 24 hrs running time?
2. how are u able to start it? is that it goes okay when kept switched on for 5 mins (this is da case wid me)

possiblilties of solution are:

1. problem wid hd: there may be problem with hd detection, give a delay of 2 s from bios.
2. gointo bios n put on "Always on" in POWER category
3. change smps agian and try. 'cos my pc works well when smps is changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom