What is the Problem ??? Is it corrupt BIOS ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a pc with celeron processor, intel 810e chipset mobo, 128 mb ram & atx cabinet etc. till few days back my pc was working fine. now when i boot my pc it boots up normally but when the booting process ends the monitor goes blank and no signal from system unit comes to monitor and its green light goes orange. if i try to restart the pc by pressing restart button it does not respond. if i power off and back on again it starts up and goes blank again after booting. i tried checking all the components like HDD / RAM / LAN CARD / PROCESSOR etc by changing with another PC. everything worked fine. then i tried formating my pc and installing all over again (i use windows xp professional). after installation of windows it works fine till i shut down windows. once i shutdown windows the problem occurs again. if i boot from floppy it does not give any problem. it works fine in DOS. it works fine with new windows installation till i shutdown for the first time after installation. once its shutdown the problem occurs again. my CMOS battery was down and i was using the pc by pressing F1 everytime when i start windows. now i have changed the battery but still probel persists. is it a problem of corrupt BIOS ? can any one help me in this regard......

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
man, i was having the ditto prob this morn, but recovery solved my prob. And pls use a smaller font size nxt time.

theraven

Technomancer
bios has nuthin to do with it
maybe corrupt drivers ...
maybe screen resolution is not supported by ur gpu/monitor

try safe mode see if it works there

rajas

In the zone
since ur able to format the computer, I assume no issue with HW. could be video issue too.reinstall the drivers. have ur video card chked(chk mobo if video is integrated).

I wish you could have Power supply and Video card checked.

OP
P

passion_unlimitedd

Journeyman
Still not working

checked SMPS, checked trying recovery, checked re-installing display drivers, checked with different monitors everything is fine...... my mobo had built in display and its fine because if i install windows fresh it works fine but problem starts when i shut down computer once after new installatin.

krish

Journeyman
As you can see the booting process, there's nothing wrong with the BIOS. As other's have said it may be any of the s/w probs. as are stated above. May be Driver, Resolution or may be the CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom