What is the price of this config?

Discussion in 'PC Components / Configurations' started by aryayush, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aryayush

aryayush New Member

Hello!
    I wish to purchase a new desktop. My vendor has a different system. He assembles PCs in various configs and when the customer states the budget, this guy gives the configurations available. I asked him for a medium range PC and told him that I won't use it for gaming. He gave me the following configuration:
    I am pretty impressed with the specs, though I might ask him to increase the memory to one gigabyte. Can anyone please suggest me how much the whole system will cost? I know the price he has quoted but I won't tell it now because people's opinions become baised in favour of or against the price if it is forementioned. I just want to know how much the system should cost in general so that I can verify that the guy isn't overcharging me. Just a rough estimate should do.
    Thank you! :)

2. drvarunmehta

drvarunmehta New Member

That config is way off the mark. You need atleast 1 GB RAM to complement the Core 2 Duo processor.
    Optical drive should be a DVD writer. They're so cheap now that you shouldn't even consider anthing else.
    There aren't any 17" widescreen LCD's as far as I know. It must be a 19".

By the way this desktop you want to buy is far inferior to the laptop you already have.

Anyways, don't pay anything more than Rs. 40,000 for this config.

3. OP
    OP
    aryayush

aryayush New Member

Hey, forty thousand sounds too low. Are you sure? Did you incluse the cost of everything... including the OS?

Of course it is! My laptop is an Apple MacBook Pro 17" and this PC is a middle class Windows machine. LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.