What is the price of this config?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello!
I wish to purchase a new desktop. My vendor has a different system. He assembles PCs in various configs and when the customer states the budget, this guy gives the configurations available. I asked him for a medium range PC and told him that I won't use it for gaming. He gave me the following configuration:
Processor: 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
L2 Cache: 2MB Shared
Frontside Bus: 667MHz
Memory: 512MB (2x256MB) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300)
Hard drive: 160GB Serial ATA; 7200 rpm
Optical drive: 24x Combo Drive
Display: 17-inch (viewable) widescreen TFT active-matrix LCD, 1440 x 900 pixels, millions of colours
Video: Built-in webcam; Mini-DVI output port with support for DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite video connections via adapter
Graphics: Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory
FireWire: Two FireWire 400 ports; 8 watts shared
USB: Three USB 2.0 ports; two USB 1.1 ports
Audio: Stereo speakers, microphone, optical digital audio output/headphone out, optical digital audio input/audio line in
Ethernet: 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
Wireless: 54 Mbps (802.11g)
Hardware accessories: Keyboard and Mouse
Other: IR Receiver
Software: Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
I am pretty impressed with the specs, though I might ask him to increase the memory to one gigabyte. Can anyone please suggest me how much the whole system will cost? I know the price he has quoted but I won't tell it now because people's opinions become baised in favour of or against the price if it is forementioned. I just want to know how much the system should cost in general so that I can verify that the guy isn't overcharging me. Just a rough estimate should do.
Thank you! :)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
That config is way off the mark. You need atleast 1 GB RAM to complement the Core 2 Duo processor.
Optical drive should be a DVD writer. They're so cheap now that you shouldn't even consider anthing else.
There aren't any 17" widescreen LCD's as far as I know. It must be a 19".

By the way this desktop you want to buy is far inferior to the laptop you already have.

Anyways, don't pay anything more than Rs. 40,000 for this config.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hey, forty thousand sounds too low. Are you sure? Did you incluse the cost of everything... including the OS?

drvarunmehta said:
By the way this desktop you want to buy is far inferior to the laptop you already have.
Of course it is! My laptop is an Apple MacBook Pro 17" and this PC is a middle class Windows machine. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom