What is the IP of my pc..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop143

Journeyman
Virtual Server -Router.

hi..

i am using broadband..bsnl..router.. for net..

now am 2 host a website on my pc.. if i go for my ip..its giving the ip of my router....on net.....!

with that..i cant host a website...as my pc is internally connected to it by a local ip..

sure there is some setting in my bsnl router , i have 2 do to direct the users from net 2 my pc through my router..wot setting in my router i shud change abt..??

can u help me..?

Last edited:

PrinceHeart

In the zone
it may sound silly, but here goes.
If you're running Win98 or WinXP - try this.
Start > RUN > type "conf.exe" ENTER
That will open Netmeeting
Configure it and run it.
When it opens up, it will be similar to a yahoo/msn messenger.
On top - click HELP - About - That will show your PC's IP address.

Sorry I can't recall any easy/short way at present.

Hope it helps
peace

OP
P

pop143

Journeyman
PrinceHeart said:
it may sound silly, but here goes.
Configure it and run it.
When it opens up, it will be similar to a yahoo/msn messenger.
On top - click HELP - About - That will show your PC's IP address.

Sorry I can't recall any easy/short way at present.

Hope it helps
peace

i dont want net meeting...

want 2 know..how 2 direct my pc over a lan..to run a webserver...???

the ip is routers ip...which is connected 2 net..!!!

some virtual server thing i shud run inside my router to redirect it to my PC..!

plz understand it..\1

sakumar79

Technomancer
You have two options - 1. get a static IP from your ISP (it will be quite costly)... 2. There are a few services that let you host with a dynamic IP such as *dynamicdns.constanttime.com/

Arun

OP
P

pop143

Journeyman
sakumar79 said:
You have two options - 1. get a static IP from your ISP (it will be quite costly)... 2. There are a few services that let you host with a dynamic IP such as *dynamicdns.constanttime.com/

Arun

thanks for ure support..but my problem is...

i am connected 2 net through a router..!

the ip address...exposed 2 net..is my routers ip address....it will come router...config page present at port 80..if i put my ip address on the explorer..!

my pc is connected on lan to this router...so how to expose my pc through the routers ip adress..by configring something like virtual server inside my router to redirect the incoming calls ro pc PC port..?

bsnl users...can anybody answer my question.??

or shud i be more repeating..???

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Just forward your port 80 to your PC, and disable remote administration of the router.. I dont have BSNL, so cannot give you exact instructions..

OP
P

pop143

Journeyman
kalpik said:
Just forward your port 80 to your PC, and disable remote administration of the router.. I dont have BSNL, so cannot give you exact instructions..

yes thats wot i have 2 do..but i need some info to break inside my router..!

tuxfan

Technomancer
@pop143, you have started several threads across the board with different small queries based on the same topic of self-hosting. I think on all the threads that I saw, I have given a link to the this thread. I think this thread should solve all your queries and you need not start new threads.

Anyway, as regards this query, you can have a look at *www.no-ip.com. It gives you static DNS for your dynamic IP.

But IMHO, if you are even a little serious about your web-site and have long term plans, don't host your site on your own! Its not worth the effort and expense.

OP
P

pop143

Journeyman
yeah 2 threads i have started...

once b4 i got memo from admin somewhere..that discuss in relation with topics..and dont post things which are not relevant like that..<i dont rem thats in didgit forum or someothe>

so i doubt i had posted it seperate.so i can get some solid answers...!

but this IP i think wud help most of these router virtual server port forwarding for most...!
so let this be seperate..i request...

if u feel any u can tell me..or merge threads...

i hope i didnt spam any...!! and i wont spoil our digit community in anyway...

thanks..!

atlast i found it..!!!!

Virtual Server
This setting allows the remote users to access Web or FTP services via public IP, which will be automatically redirected to local servers in LAN. Depending on the requested service (TCP/UDP port number), the device redirects the external service request to the appropriate server within the LAN network. Some well-known virtual services are already defined in the Virtual Server Table. You may click Edit icon to change the options or Delete icon to remove the option. If you would like to You will only need to input the LAN IP address of the computer running the service and enable it.
Name - The name referencing the virtual service.
Private IP - The server computer in LAN will provide the virtual services.
Protocol Type - The protocol is used for the virtual service.

Private Port - The port number of the service is used by the Private IP computer.
Public Port - The port number on the WAN side will be used to access the virtual service.
Schedule - You may set the specific time to enable virtual services via "Schedule" option. If selecting "Always", the particular service will be allowed to use all the time. But if selecting "Time", you may set the time frame to enable the service. And when accessing the device outside the scheduled time, the service will be disabled.

Example:
If you have a Web server that you wanted Internet users to access at all times, you would need to enable it. Web (HTTP) server is on LAN computer 192.168.1.25. HTTP uses port 80, TCP.

Name: Web Server
Private IP: 192.168.1.25
Protocol Type: TCP
Private Port: 80
Public Port: 80
Schedule: always

Last edited:

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
PrinceHeart said:
Configure it and run it.

Hope it helps
peace

thnx , it helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom