What is the current best specification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerin

Journeyman
What is the current best specification?Accroding to you all.Post te details with price so that everyone will know it.Also I want to know which is the best ? :D

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - Rs.7500
Altec Lansing VS3151R - Rs. 5600
Transchend 512 Ram - Rs. 4000
Segeta 160 HDD - Rs. 4900
Microsoft Keyboard and Laser Logetic Mouse - Rs. 300 and Rs. 900
Asus motherboard with 915 Pin - Rs. 7200
GT600Ultra Graphics Card - Rs. 6000
Samsung Monitor - Rs. 6000-7000

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
512 Mb RAM is available around 2k now-a-days.....

U cud save some money and go in for a cheaper 5.1 setup like altec lansing 251 or a good 2.1 setup like Altec Lansing ATP3...

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
U can also see the config. by Agent 001 in Digit mag for low-end, mid-end and high end pc with their price

aadipa

Padawan
Jerin said:
I dont know exactly what AMD is ?Can you please say whats advantage of AMD over Intel?

AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) is also x86 based CPU manufacturer like Intel and Via.

Infact AMD was fist to break 1GHz limit, then it was first to give 64bit desktop processors, and it have fastest desktop processors of current age, too.

Zaysen

Broken In
Jerin said:
What is the current best specification?Accroding to you all.Post te details with price so that everyone will know it.Also I want to know which is the best ? :D

This is What i Think is the Best and Value For Money With Quality:
Assembled The Following on August 16th 2005 All Prices Nehru Place New Delhi as on this Date.

Intel Celeron 2.53 Ghz Rs 3750.00 socket 478 533 Mhz FSB 256kb/L2
Intel genuine d865gbf Mother Board rs 4700/-
Transcend DDR 400 Mhz 512 Mb Ram 256*2 Rs 3000/-
XFX NVidia geforce 4 Mx 4000 AGP Card Rs 1690/-
Pixel View TV TUner Card Internal 1500/-
Asus DVD Rom Drive Rs 1400/-
Samsung CD RW Rs 1300
Cabinet Navtech Temperature Series HT 2688 B 4 Fans Type Rs 1000/-
Without Original Power Supply
Power Supply Antec Smart Power 400 Watts Rs 3500/-
D Link Internal Modem 56.60 Kbps Rs 450/-
TVS Key Board 1100/-
Logitech Scroll Mouse 250/-
Microtek Monitor 17" 4370 OSD Rs 5000/-
microtek ups 600 va max power Rs 2000/-

The Above Configuration can satisfy the most of basic pc users neds but not high end gaming in which i do not believe.You Can Change the Celeron Processor to a P4 2.40 Ghz For Rs 6350/- But The Factor of Heat Will also Increase.Please Note that a TV Tuner Inside a PC Can be used only for short time and not as a complete replacement as a tv as in my own pc while watching tv in pixel view tuner card in Windows Me Upon Changing the Channel The OS Got Jammed and Upon Hot Restart the Mother Boards Main Chipset 845 got burnt.hence please use TV in a PC Judiciously.

AlienTech

In the zone
AMD is as old as Intel and a lot more technologically advanced. Intel only got a break because IBM needed someone to make 1 million pieces of a CPU and only Intel could do it. Not that the processor had to be any good. Why else would the largest computer company in the world use the worlds worst CPU of the time? Intel 8086 so called 16 bit CPU was really an 8 bit CPU. Could barely handle 1 meg of ram. Had to do bank switching for each 64K of memory to get to the next bank of 64K. Used words as registers that was back wards. IE instead of it going 0123456789abcdef they went 87654321fedcba9 and when they came out with the 386 for 32bits it was worse... because now not only the bytes were swapped but so were the words. Running at 4.7MHZ... But was really slower than the Z80 which was much cheaper running at higher than 2MHZ or so... Or even the 6502 CPU which was blazing fast (Apple/Commodore etc) almost a RISC processor... HECK!!!!!!!!! WHY DID THEY NOT USE the 68000 A REAL 32 BIT CPU with 16 bit memory addressing... It handled 16Bit memory like a champ and had 32 bit registers... Eg APPLE-LISA Commodore-Amiga (which still runs rings around win XP multitasking)...

Instead we got stuck with a retarded processor that set back computing for decades. The Pentium CPU's were not Intel designs but from HP/Apollo and later on from DEC Alpha. Intel bought out all the competition and stole their designs and they still could not make a decent CPU after all this time. Intel also gave up on their sound chip, their graphics chip, their flash memory and ram and now is stuck to CPU's and mother boards. Its easy for someone so large to just drop entire assemblies when the profits drop under 50%.... After all, thats what counts... Margins..... and flashy pink flamingo ads starring stupid mutes..

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
bets configration for desktop not for workstaion

amd 4800x2
asus premium delux
ddr 400mhz 1gbx4
7800 gtx sli
antec cabinate
antec true power power supply

for workstion

opteron 270
and qudro 4500