What is the cost of Windows XP Pro and Windows XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
B

bhabendrasaikia

Broken In
sakumar79 said:
Depends on OEM/regular, quantity, etc. Check *www.softmartonline.com/pricelist.htm

Arun

Thanks. Difference bw OEM and Regular is not clear. For 1 no qtty, acc to above page, cost is XP = Rs 7119, Home= Rs 4119.

sakumar79

Technomancer
OEM is to be distributed with a new computer only. It is not allowed to be used for upgrading, etc... Only installs on clean harddisk I think...

Regular can be purchased independently of computer...

Arun

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sakumar79 said:
OEM is to be distributed with a new computer only. It is not allowed to be used for upgrading, etc... Only installs on clean harddisk I think...

Regular can be purchased independently of computer...

Arun

You may check at
*www.computerwarehousepricelist.com/
I think the prices are much lower there.
In fact I bought my OEM from a local shop for Rs.3550/-

V.Prem Kumar

OP
B

bhabendrasaikia

Broken In
Techie_Geek said:
Yeah that must be WinXp Home, IMHO going for the Pro version at 3K more might be a much better idea!

Is there any serious disadvantage for Windows XP Home against Windows XP Pro from home use point of view ?

sakumar79

Technomancer
Not for home users... See *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx and *www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp for comparison details... Professional edition has better/easier LAN and LAN sharing/security features which may not be as important for Home users...

Arun

KoRn

In the zone
search the previous posts on which is better in wat aspects.If im not mistaken there was a post on winxp pro VS win xp home

anandk

Distinguished Member
bhabendrasaikia said:
What is the cost of Windows XP Pro and Windows XP Home in India ? Thanks in advance.

in India...it could even be free... just ask around ! :lol:

medpal

Medic on Call!!
i have been using win xp home licensed for nearly 3 years.

no probs whatsoever and if its on a standalone pc i think you will not feel major performance difference.

paying 3k more for professional version if you do need the extra mullah is not worth IMHO.

it costed me about 4100 for OEM with a new pc then.

KoRn

In the zone
i know!!
they shud jus ask there comp engineer or service guy to give them one since they got the pc from him!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom