What is the BEST WAY to Keep ur system clean internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
what is the best way to keep ur system clean from the inside and how often do u do that. plz give ur opinion.
yesterday when i opened my system's cabinet . there was a lot of dust setting near the ram slot. so i took my vacuum cleaner and used the blower to clean it. success. it easily got away. i also cleaned the smps fan with the blower, lot of dust came out. One more thing the front side or the upper side (ie the side on which chips etc are present)of any card can be easily cleaned with the blower but on the other side the dust just doesnt seem to move. how can it be cleaned. is there any need to clean it?

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- use the air filters that come with the air conditioners to patch up places inside ur cabinet where dust might come through . u can attach air filters a bit bigger than ur fans , on the front or back of ur fans . this way all u need to do is clean the filters more often .

- use cello tape to cover pci slots which are vacant behind the cabinet .

- make sure u have minimum or no gap between drives and those plastic things used to cover vacant drives .

- attach 2 intake fans at the front bottom and 2 outlet fans at rear top to have better air flow .

- if possible twist the ide cables into a cylindrical shape so that no dust settles on them .

- use normal dust covers and if too dirty , just cover the whole system with a small bed spread .

- use cabinets which has covers over the cdrom drives . this protects it from dust .

- cut out the metal part of the cabinet behind the cabinet where u fix the out let fan . i used a drilling machine to make a perfect circular cut . prior to this i just had perforated metal behind and dust actually accumulated koz there was no way dust could be sent out . now even the fan is clean and not much dust

- use an ordinary paint brush with thick bristles and flat in shape . it can remove most dust in all corners . use johnson ear buds too to remove dust . add some alchohol to it too or nail polish remover .

swatkat

Technomancer
Beware while using Vacuum cleaner.Becuase dust might stick on the RAM slots and due to this computer might not boot up.

OP
KHUBBU

KHUBBU

Journeyman
swatkat said:
Beware while using Vacuum cleaner.Becuase dust might stick on the RAM slots and due to this computer might not boot up.

can u explain a litle bit. vacuum cleaners sucks in dust so that no dust remains on the surface or it blows out dust through its blower , both the things with high pressure.

vysakh

Padawan
ooops i havent opened my system cabinet for over a year
last time i opened it , it was to add RAM and i cleaned it with a brush

theraven

Technomancer
KHUBBU said:
can u explain a litle bit. vacuum cleaners sucks in dust so that no dust remains on the surface or it blows out dust through its blower , both the things with high pressure
reverse the vacuum settings ... set it on blow ... and watch the dust fly ;)
anyhow ... after all that ... the dust thats hard to get out even while using the suckin action .. is loosened ... use the vacuum cleaner in normal mode later to get rid of some loose residue flying ard

take a paint brush and clean the fan blades out ...

if u keep ur comp for more than a year check ur heatsink also ( this doesnt have anything to do with cleaning as much as it has to do with heat ... check ur thermal paste and reapply if necessary)

o and one more thing ...use a cloth to dust the inside of the "CABINET" not the COMPONENTS !!!. ... get to places where u can .. like the inner side of ur side panel

suhas_sm

Journeyman
A good question my cabinet is open most of the time ! its beside the sliding windows of my balcony n thers a dusty ground in front of my building ! so i get dust no matter what i do :? i tried everything but tired of doing again n again. I always feared my vaccum cleaner would suck in jumpers n those capacitor n ics ;) Now i dont give a damn ... just clean in once in six months with some soft bristle brush or something! n clean contacts with white alchohol while reseating the chips :)

godzi_85

In the zone
oh i clean with vaccumm cleaner too..
phew man i`m glad its finally out in the open ;)

and klinux.. thanks a lot dude... i`ll use some of your tips. to keep my pc clean....

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
Well, a one inch paint brush is all you need.
No nonsense and the most effective way for cleaning. :)
Try it on your heatsink and motherboard circuitry.
If u r not satisfied try the above things.
You don't want loose connections or jumper fallouts, do u?

(Itz too good to be back :wink: )

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
my computer is a heaven for spiders to check their cobweb making skills
and yes its home for a pair of home lizards too

just kidding
but it true for my friend

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
when I was a kid... i used to clean dust and "makdi ka jaal" from my system internally through my dad's shaving brush and my painting brush very carefullyand reahlly it worked :)

now vaccume cleaner is for me... but I still need those brushes while cleaning my system every 5-6 months... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom