What is the best graphics card(AGP 4x,1.5v) for my config?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKT_Ashoka

Right off the assembly line
I have found that my machine is compatible with only AGP 4x,1.5v cards

So, please tell me the best available AGP 4x,1.5v graphics card, my mother board specification is in the below link..

*www.mercury-pc.com/product-spec.php?productid=90

Other system spec:
CPU: Pentium 1.4 Ghz
RAM: 640 MB

please mention the hardware changes i need to do like... power supply,etc.. but i am not planning to change the motherboard, because my plan is to just add a graphics card, and any other minor changes and use it for gaming...

Please dont ask me to buy a better pc, i just dont want to waste this pc, any card and any game with any graphics level possible will do for me, i dont bother if cant even play the latest games with lowest graphics setting also..
Please just mention the best Graphics card for this config...

Thanks

Pathik

Google Bot
Forget gaming in this one. However you can try to get a 7600gs or 7300gt. But you dont even hav a 8x agp slot

I think its better to upgrade to a current generation Core2 or Phenom architecture CPU rather than wasting money on this system. If you buy a GPU to play good games, you need to shell out a lot of money, and when you upgrade, all will be useless later. So either upgrade now or sit with the rig in its current state.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Accepting that you won't or can't shell out for a new system now, a GF6600GT will do quite nicely. A 7600GT will be even better, but an AGP version is probably quite difficult to get, and it will be bottle-necked by your CPU.

It won't make much of a difference that your gfx slot is 4x and the card is 8x. I suggest that you hunt for a used 6600GT for around 2k.

OP
R

RKT_Ashoka

Thanks for the replies..

I have access to more powerful system. but i am just trying to use this system also.. The system is not too slow and it plays CS 1.6, Quake III, etc i am just trying to make it better instead of keeping it idle i can use it to play some good games not latest ones.

I think I have found the GeForce 7800 GS & GeForce 7600 GT(also said by few here) (see attachment) in the nvidia website.. what u guys think about these cards and which will be compatible, and how to find whether it is 1.5v? I couldnt find a very detailed specification page...
and which one is best ?

jigu

Broken In
7600GT,7800 are good cards. it will run all latest games. but don't know how it will perform on yr system.u need good procesor & ram also.so don't waste yr money on it.

Try nvidia6200 or ati x series.it will not run latest games,but u can play good title like nfsu2,mw,carbon,fear,hl2,hl2-epi1,1,tombraider legend & anniversary,etc.

second option is go to local assemble pc shop,if they exchange parts or not. if yes then upgrade ur ram,processor,mobo.

I think you can try to see if you can get a *REASONABLE* deal with this Rig of yours. If its pretty enough a deal, then go and either get a VIA+Sempron headless system for use as a downloadbox, or keep the money and smile.

OP
R

RKT_Ashoka

7600GT,7800 are good cards. it will run all latest games. but don't know how it will perform on yr system.u need good procesor & ram also.so don't waste yr money on it.

Try nvidia6200 or ati x series.it will not run latest games,but u can play good title like nfsu2,mw,carbon,fear,hl2,hl2-epi1,1,tombraider legend & anniversary,etc.

second option is go to local assemble pc shop,if they exchange parts or not. if yes then upgrade ur ram,processor,mobo.

Do you mean that "nvidia6200" is the best in the GeForce 6 series? or how would you measure my system and tell that the 7600GT,7800 GS couldnt be compatible, just curious?

Thanks for the Replies...

Any ideas?

Last edited:

jigu

Broken In
Do you mean that "nvidia6200" is the best in the GeForce 6 series? or how would you measure my system and tell that the 7600GT,7800 GS couldnt be compatible, just curious?

Thanks for the Replies...

6200 is bad card now. but it is good for u if u want to keep this system.

7600,7800 need 8x agp slot i think. don't know about 4x.
what about yr power supply??? normal i think.u need good psu for that.

afterall it's yr choice.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Do you mean that "nvidia6200" is the best in the GeForce 6 series?
No. Except for some onboard (IGP) versions, a 6200 is the lowest in the GF6 series. A 6600GT is twice as fast. Comparing the universal popularity of gaming cards in their own time, the 6600GT was probably the most popular one ever. And a 7600GT is roughly 50% faster than a 6600GT.

OP
R

RKT_Ashoka

Again.. Hello all..

I went to my city's all big vendors and found that most of them only had GeForce FX 5500 and one vendor had GeForce LE 6200 XFX, the vendors agreed to my request that I will just take my system to them and they will fix the card and if it works then only i will buy.. and they said that there is no demand for AGP cards nowadays(may be much less in my city), so they are not having more AGP cards stock, also they wont be able to order a higher model for me, as they wont be able to return it, if it is not supported by my config..

So what you guys think and shall i buy 6200 ?

Thanks

Any suggestions???

Any suggestions ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom