What is the best anti virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Avast.Bcoz its free free free and free
From wikipedia
Features
Screenshot of avast! home edition with the aVist skin created by Sasha-Z-Creations
Screenshot of avast! home edition with the aVist skin created by Sasha-Z-Creations
Screenshot of avast! home edition without any skins
Screenshot of avast! home edition without any skins

* Standard Shield — Real-time protection
* IM shield — Instant Messenger protection
* P2P shield — P2P protection
* Internet Mail — E-mail protection
* Outlook/Exchange — Microsoft Outlook/Exchange protection
* Web Shield — HTTP protection (localtransparent proxy)
* Script blocker — script checker
* Network Shield — basic protection against well-known network worms. Acts as a lightweight Intrusion Detection System
* Audible alarms — vocal warnings such as "Caution, a virus has been detected!"
* Boot-time scan — through the program interface, a user can schedule a boot-time scan to remove viruses that load during Windows startup and are therefore difficult to remove.

[edit] Virus Chest

The avast! Virus Chest is an isolated folder where infected files can be stored when detected. Placing them in the chest causes the files' usage to be disabled and prevents them from causing any harm. The virus chest also stores vital system files to prevent them from virus damage. They still can be run, but the access to the file by any source or other program is blocked until it is removed from the chest.

[edit] Automatic update

avast! Antivirus normally updates itself freely for the first 14 months of usage as long as the using computer is connected to the Internet. After each 14 month period, the user of the software must re-register to receive a new license key. Unless upgrading to the pay version, registration currently remains free.

[edit] Other uses

avast! is compatible with various archiving software (including WinRAR) and IM applications, thanks to its tool, ashquick.exe which scans for viruses using a minimalist interface.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
I think we have 10000000000000000000000 threads on this topic but ppl still asking before searching

Thread reported

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I would say. Kaspersky. :D

Sure KasperSky is fev. of most people here...
Its the best... But get a paid version...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
KAV and NOD32 are the best...

but in Local Indian Market KAV or even KIS is cheaper than NOD32, so i would vote for Kaspersky :)

If u have a very good system configuration and believe in brand names than go for NAV(I'll never go 4 it though) otherwise AVG and Avast are best

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
*img14.imgspot.com/u/07/168/09/untitled.JPG

Click that button, like this one here => *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/Blue/buttons/report.gif

dabster

In the zone
Seemingly nobody is answering why they think that the 1 software is best....
I have used AVG, antivir, AVG works good, low on system requirements and performs well, with very easy efficient control Panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom