What is Spike Buster ?? Explain..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the zone
wenever Home Light Will GOne...My ADSL Light Will be Off..even thought i connected to UPS Sum 1 TOld ME Spike Buster IS a Solution

So wht Is it ?? plzz explian...

Price ????

Waitin..for reply...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Spike busters are like Single Input -- Multiple Output.

You use it when you need many sockets but have one (or limited electrical socket points). Now go figure how to get ADSL and UPS together using spike buster.

anispace

dattebayo
drgrudge said:
Spike busters are like Single Input -- Multiple Output.

You use it when you need many sockets but have one (or limited electrical socket points). Now go figure how to get ADSL and UPS together using spike buster.

Spike buster is used to protect electronic devices from spikes in the AC voltage. Any vg surge may damage ur computer and thats why a Spike guard\buster is actually used. Whenever ther is a surge in vg the fuse in the spike guard blows nd ur pc is protected.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its kind of an extension that we get the round 1 with many plugs and a wire

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
anispace said:
Spike buster is used to protect electronic devices from spikes in the AC voltage. Any vg surge may damage ur computer and thats why a Spike guard\buster is actually used. Whenever ther is a surge in vg the fuse in the spike guard blows nd ur pc is protected.
Never knew about this!

Check here:
*images.google.com/images?q=spike+buster&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&start=21&sa=N
(1st picture on the third row)

OP
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the zone
sum 1 sayzz itz like a Extension Box..

sum 1 sayzz this ?? wht is it ? i cant see
Check here:
*images.google.com/images?q=sp...tart=21& sa=N

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm said:
sum 1 sayzz itz like a Extension Box..

sum 1 sayzz this ?? wht is it ? i cant see
Check here:
*images.google.com/images?q=sp...tart=21& sa=N
it is like that but this is rectangular in shape not round ... what i was saying was that its like that only an upgraded version which provides surge protection

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
*www.smart-power.net/products/spikebuster.jpg

see the image here and Google the word "Spike Guard" for more image and information.

shaunak

Tux Fan
> Spike gaurd
Aka:
Spike buster
Fused Extention
Surge protector/buster/gaurd

its basically a extention with a fuse. It can block out harmfull spikes or surges [bursts of current] hence used to protect sensetive electrinoc devices.

My suggestion get a good quality one with a 15A socket for your computer not a substandard one as a malufunction could damage your system.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
spike busters are essentially devices used to protect our electronic devices from sudden surge in voltage, which may fry the electronic devices in the absence of a spike buster. Actually it contains a fuse wire. It also shows whether proper earthing is available or not. It is highly recommended to have one. They are cheap also. |Around Rs.150/- per piece.

shaunak

Tux Fan
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm said:
Yes I bought 2day....But stilll problem Continous....wht 2 do ??

ASDL is not in your hand. if the connection junction is without power you maynot be able to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom