What is Slipstream ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolendra

Neil is Here...
Recently i overheared some ppl talking bout slipstream and was curious to know what it acually was.......

does any1 has a complete idea bout what it actually is ????

sakumar79

Technomancer
Slipstream is the concept of inserting the various patches to a software (usually, OS) so that it is installed with the latest patches directly. For instance, from the Windows XP installer CD, you can append the Service Pack 2 and later patches and create a new installer CD that will automatically install SP2 and the patches immediately after installing XP...

Arun

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Slipstreaming is the process of integrating the numerous patches / service packs released for a particular software directly into the old installation cd to save u from the hassle of installing the patches later or everytime u reinstall the os/software. there are many software available for slipstreaming different software with their patches.

for windows xp u can try this tut if u want to make a new installation cd complete with the latest patches and sp2,

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18785

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
well. are you SURE you're not talkin' abt clip stream??? YOu may be actually talkin abt slipstream.. but if it' not ut.. and u wre looking for that audio and video streaming software to use for ur site... then it's clipstream..
Anyways, i just thought!!

Kniwor

Learner
u can also include some programs into installation..
like u can get the adobe acrobat reader, everest, ur free antivirus etc.. into it so that when i install with the slipstramed CD u get all this installed automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom