What is RSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashok

Broken In
First of all,let me apologize for starting yet another thread on RSS.Though one already exists,it was somewhat old and had info abt one or two RSS feed-getters.
I have seen many websites featuring the RSS option.On googling,I found RSS to be Rich Site Summary which can be used to get info from a myriad of sources.And these info can be sent to one's mailbox.

But instead of getting that in the mailbox,isn't there any RSS utility by which I can get all the reqd info displayed on a webpage ahich I can open in my browser.If anyone is acquainted with the "My Yahoo" page,then it is easier to understand.in "My Yahoo" there are tabs at specific areas using which one can choose what type of content to display there.For Example,in my "My Yahoo" page I've Movie listings at the LEft and Weather at the Right,and so on.....

I think there are various Aggregators (I think I spelled it right) which do the work of scourging the internet and getting the reqd feeds.Which are the best ones and what are their features? Also is there any scheme by which I can get to choose the Retreival period? And can i get info from sites not supporting RSS?

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
These softwares are to read news on PC
*www.abilon.org/ - the best

can try

*www.feedreader.com/

*www.sharpreader.net/

if you don`t mind try my site`s too - bakend.php or Ultramod.txt :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom