What is pay pal ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I want to know about pay pal. How can open pay pal a/c. Its benefit over credit card if any.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Take Paypal as a online bank where millions of people make and receive payments. To open Paypal account, simply click signup at Paypal.com.

Benefit for Seller....he doesnt have to buy a Merchant Account to Receive Credit Card Payments. Most of the People are from US, UK, Australia and there bank Accounts are directly linked to their Paypal Accounts. Plus there are various facilties availble to Merchants

Benefit for Buyer - Since Paypal takes payment and pass it to seller, his Credit Info is very safe. You are also safe because you can chargeback money in case Seller tries to scam which specially applies on Ebay since people in US shop on Ebay a lot comapred to India :)

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
- Is this like debit card.
- Any kind of interest or service charges ?????
- Can I send/receive payment in my ICICI bank a/c through pay pal

Last edited:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
For Personal Account there are no charges either for sending or receiving the money. If you own a premier account you are charged for receiving money not sending. Premier account gives more powers as compared to personal account.

Read the benefits of premier/buisness accounts at *www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/personal_vs_business-outside
and comparison at *www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/popup/ChoosingAccountTypeSignup-outside

Paypal does not support money transfer via any Indian bank. To withdraw money from paypal you can do so by cheque for which 5$ transaction fee is charged.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
If it does't support any indian bank the how can i transfer money to my paypal a/c to purchase any thing in case i do t have any credit card.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
navjotjsingh said:
Sorry there is no other option(for Indians) except credit card to fund your paypal account.

Then why one should go for paying by paypal over credit card .

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
jugnu_009 said:
Like i said earlier...bcoz of this reason
Benefit for Buyer - Since Paypal takes payment and pass it to seller, your Credit Info is very safe. You are also safe because you can chargeback money in case Seller tries to scam which specially applies on Ebay since people in US shop on Ebay a lot comapred to India :smile:

Kniwor

Learner
jugnu_009 said:

I've an active Paypal Accounts, and there's a lot of reasons of doing this.

1) Not all stores international Credit Cards, but they do accept Paypal.
2) If u wanna make an online purchase from a person, say some individual Credit Card is of no use, and u cannot transfer money into bank account of someone sitting in US/UK, so basically Paypal is the only way.
3) Security as mentioned above.
4) It is practically impossible to make any international Purchase for us indians wtthout Paypal.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Some nice info.

[quote="jugnu_009"If it does't support any indian bank the how can i transfer money to my paypal a/c to purchase any thing in case i do t have any credit card.
[/quote]
If you put something for sale and people can pay directly yo your paypal account.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
pannaguma said:
thanks for answering my questions. btw is premium really worth it and does any one have one?

If you open a Personal Account, Paypal will give option to upgrade Account Later. I have Buisiness Account though :)

Anindya

In the zone
Is there any way to verify a paypal a/c other than using a credit card, coz i dont have one! Though i read it but still making it clear that money cant be withdrawn through credit card right?

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Paypal is an online transaction gateway. If you sell online products, then signup for a paypal account and place the link on ur site. I don't have a paypal account so i don't know how to transfer money.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Anindya said:
Is there any way to verify a paypal a/c other than using a credit card, coz i dont have one! Though i read it but still making it clear that money cant be withdrawn through credit card right?

You can using Virtual Credit Card like Netsafe cards from HDFC Bank. Lots of people sell Netsafe Generated Virtual Cards at TalkGold.com/forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom