What is mean by Setup in web hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
If you are referring to the Setup Cost thing, you see in some websites - it is nothing but, a one time cost charged when ordering.

It helps the company to recover the transaction fees in future payments, initial server costs, etc.. or sometimes is just for the sake of it (for nothing).

If you meant to ask something else, explain on what context (or, regarding which website) you are asking!

Pathik

Google Bot
i think setup means installing scripts like forums /boards and publishing means publishing html pages

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
ajin115 said:
What is diff between setup and publishing a website on a server?

Honestly telling there is no Setup costs on "Shared Hosting". Some hosts charge High Setup costs on Monthly and *free* setup on Yearly Payment basically to get the client.

Setup fees on Dedicated Server i can understand but "Shared" hosting, Marketing Strategy :D

Basically i didnt understand the question quite well so maybe this helps ;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Publishing means to put your site on a server in such a way that they are accessible to public. Anyone who know the site URL can come and see what you have.

Setting up a site more or less means the same thing. But you can say that a site can be "setup" even in standalone machine. It is then published for public viewing.

There is nothing like publishing a hosting account. But setting up a hosting account means creating a separate area on the web, accessible only through a username and password and to manage one or more websites and ancilliary services like email, FTP, databases, etc.

@ sukhdeepsinghkohli: Setup fees on shared hosting is to "force customer loyalty" :))

OP
ajin115

ajin115

Broken In
tuxfan said:
Publishing means to put your site on a server in such a way that they are accessible to public. Anyone who know the site URL can come and see what you have.

Setting up a site more or less means the same thing. But you can say that a site can be "setup" even in standalone machine. It is then published for public viewing.

There is nothing like publishing a hosting account. But setting up a hosting account means creating a separate area on the web, accessible only through a username and password and to manage one or more websites and ancilliary services like email, FTP, databases, etc.

@ sukhdeepsinghkohli: Setup fees on shared hosting is to "force customer loyalty" :))

Thanks for very nice suggestion, but actully i have to ask when we purchase any account they give us username and password and we have to upload our site there but it is only one time? means if we fail to upload at that time then we have to pay again setup fee? or we upload our site any time upto our paid period.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
ajin115 said:
Thanks for very nice suggestion, but actully i have to ask when we purchase any account they give us username and password and we have to upload our site there but it is only one time? means if we fail to upload at that time then we have to pay again setup fee? or we upload our site any time upto our paid period.

Nah! Setup charges is just one time charge and you have to pay some amount monthly/ annually. If you are paying that or, not don't cancelling your account you don't need to pay setup fees again. You have to pay it again only if you cancel the account and then re-order it.

There are lots of hosts which don't have setup charges for shared/ reseller accounts.

In short, you can upload, re-upload as many times and anytime under your paid period.

tuxfan

Technomancer
thecyclone2k and sukhdeepsinghkohli has given you the right answers. :) I agree with what they have written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom