what is extensoin "RAR" files How to execute them

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVB RAJU

Broken In
I have downloaded some files with "RAR" extension. When I tried to open the file, it is not executing. How to execute these RAR extension files and with what software it works. can anybody tell me. bye :lol: :lol: :lol:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I guess you got a lot of this small .rar files which together constitutes a other file like a movie etc.. just open any one of the .rar file and extract it to the folder same as that of the .rar files..winrar will do the job and extract the whole lot of that thing and you shall have the desired file with you.

Follow these steps and you are done:
You need to download WinRAR - *www.rarlabs.com

Then, I assume your some rars like; .rar .r01 .r02 .r03 etc

Just open the .RAR file and extract the contents, it will automatically extract from the other rars assuming they're all in the same directory.

If you put all the 50 files in one folder, the .rar and the .r01... etc

Then install WinRAR, the icons of the .rar..r01 will change now.

Then just double click on the .RAR file and you will see the movie file in WinRAR - you then just extract this, you don't need to open the .r01.. etc as WinRAR extracts from those automatically.

sakumar79

Technomancer
WinRAR is an excellent program but it is shareware. If you want a free software and do not need to create new RAR files, try ZipGenius. It is available in most issues of Digit CDs or can be downloaded at

*www.zipgenius.it

Arun

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
and next time you need information about a file extension..
go to : *www.filext.com/

-----
alibi

FasTrack

Journeyman
Thanks for the link.

ZipGenius says the header is damaged/corrupted, Is there anything i can do to extract the files ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom