What is Bit Torrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
i need to know what exactly is a concept of bit torrent download and how is it different from the other p2p sharing networks in dummy terms or simple language.and also one more thing how can i preview partly downloaded files from bit torrent.in windows media player it tends to give me an error.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Bit torrent is file sharing or p2p protocol. It enables sharing of files easily thru the use of a torrent file. The torrent file contains meta data about the tracker and the file. The best thing abt BT is that users have to upload files simultaneously as they download ;) ...this ensures that everyone gets the file. In other p2p like kazaa it's not complusary to share but in BT its is mandatory and certain site also enforce a share ratio. A share ratio is amt uploaded:amt downoaded, this shud ideally be greater than 1, some sites wil ban you if u keep leeching and your share ratio is below 1.

the files are split when downloading in BT and random parts are downloaded thats y you cant view partially downloaded files in Mediaplayer.

If you need a more detailed FAQ go here BT FAQ

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well torrent lovers i personally havent used it but i think u wud like to visit this site

*www.suprnova.org/

have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom