1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

What is Bit Torrent?

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Ethan_Hunt, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt New Member

i need to know what exactly is a concept of bit torrent download and how is it different from the other p2p sharing networks in dummy terms or simple language.and also one more thing how can i preview partly downloaded files from bit torrent.in windows media player it tends to give me an error.

2. blade_runner

blade_runner New Member

Bit torrent is file sharing or p2p protocol. It enables sharing of files easily thru the use of a torrent file. The torrent file contains meta data about the tracker and the file. The best thing abt BT is that users have to upload files simultaneously as they download ;) ...this ensures that everyone gets the file. In other p2p like kazaa it's not complusary to share but in BT its is mandatory and certain site also enforce a share ratio. A share ratio is amt uploaded:amt downoaded, this shud ideally be greater than 1, some sites wil ban you if u keep leeching and your share ratio is below 1.

the files are split when downloading in BT and random parts are downloaded thats y you cant view partially downloaded files in Mediaplayer.

If you need a more detailed FAQ go here BT FAQ

3. OP
    OP
    Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt New Member

hey buddy thanks very much for the site and your reply really helped me a lot.

4. prathapml

prathapml New Member

5. mariner

mariner New Member

well torrent lovers i personally havent used it but i think u wud like to visit this site

http://www.suprnova.org/

have fun

6. prathapml

prathapml New Member

Yes!
    That's a top site where you can get the latest torrents.

Shhhhhhh...... Isn't this warez????
    Mods?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.