What information we get from IP Address.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dikudik

Journeyman
Hello,

can any body tel me what type of information we wil get from an ip address.
as one of my friend was teling me if u get ip address then u can trace it out the person also......is it true ? can anybody explain..............

Andyiz

Journeyman
u can trace a person from his Ip address only if its the Static Ip Adrress.
Genrally Ip address are Dynamic.

For Eg: 219.64.79.81 is my Static Ip Adress but i am assigned ip Dynamic or INternal IP address of 172.16.3.121. Similarly my friends are belong same Netwrk and they are assigned a diffrent Ip ADdress like 172.16.3.207.

But the common thing is that We all share SAme Static (External) Ip Adress.
Thus if u try we find either or both or all of us, u may get the Same External( Static Add Foresaid.

The Bottom line is that U may rarely find a person with his Ip address.

THis Website is usefull for Finding the persons Geographic loc given his Ip add
www.dndstuff.com

Last edited:

47shailesh

Security Exp
IP address has two parts n\w portion and host portion. n\w portion tells u about subnet and in what subnet one belongs, and from host portion u can find out how many nodes are present in ur subnet and also in ur network.Yes u trace any computer with static IP address or computer which is not beyond any NAT(DNAT/SNAT) by using "tracert" command followed by IP address u want to trace eg tracert 172.16.0.1..TRY IT

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@Andy
that website does not have any option for tracing an ip address.

@dikudik
try this for approx locations of ip addresses ,
*www.rleeden.no-ip.com/geotool.php

or use a software called "visual route" .. google for it. its not free though.

cryptid

Journeyman
Yes u can trace out the person using an ip address but apart from that many other things can also be found out using ip address like OS finger printing etc.
Check out the video section www.getroot.co.nr there are tutorials on tracerouting and stuff u might find it very usefull.

Kannan

In the zone
These days it is recorded by an ISP, which dialup user is using which IP address at a given time. So don't think that it is not posible to trace dynamic user.

It is possible to trace any user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom