What if i send 939s for RMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The post is big, but plz read it nd help me.
Yesterday, my PC just gave a BSOD nd it happens frequently now.
Whan i checked, the CPU fan was blocked with LED illuminating cables[i added it for some hell of bling bling inside my antibiotic]. And i think the proccy reached its threshold temp nd showed BSOD.
The threshold in bios is 82c. And i think my proccy is damaged, but it works fine for 20~30 min.

And my main problem is the BSOD sometimes dun appear now even when proccy is 100% busy for more than 10m[UT3 Demo], nd it sometimes happen even while i browse the net. That is BSOD dun appear at some particular moments[like heavy CPu utilization, disk activity, GFX intense apps, or memory intence apps...or nythin].
It cud happen anytime.

And how can i confirm if its my proccy which is damaged? The BSOD dun give any specific file name, driver name or anythin. It just says to remove any newly installed h/w ..blah blah blah blah

And even if proccy is damaged, then how wud i get warranty for my outdated Athlon X2 4200+ 939 socket. I know it has stopped production. But i dun wanna sell that rig cox i bought that proccy + A8N E for 19k once. And i have pair of Transcent 512 which performs hell gud[oced one to 480Mhz @ 2.5-3-3-5].

And i dun mind if they give a brand new 4800+ 939 as replacement:))

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@aravind_n20

its out dated at market not at company :lol: so if you are suppose to receive a replacement, u will receive a 939 not AM2 ;)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Yeah at least three years from the date they have announced that 939 will be no more produced!

Well before availing its warranty, u should reassemble your system and use a good thermal paste like Arctic Silver!

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But now the CPu temps are like 40c at idle and max 58~60c at 100% load.
And even in eventlog, no events are logged at BSOD time? How can i confirm that CPU is damaged? I can finish CPU benchmarks in Everest Ultimate.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Im askin coz one of ma friend's A8NE got crappy[it waz 1yr old] nd he went to Rashi Cochin kerala with it. The people there seemed stupids.
They didn't send it or even check it. There were many boards, rams etc lying on floor, nd they took another A8NE from it.[it already had damaged optical port on rear but he noticed after reaching home]. And he again asked for replacement nd they said they can give M2NE as replacement, and as M2N E's current price is lower that for what he got A8NE[6.5k], they said they can give another fresh 3yr warranty for M2NE.
He had a 3000+ proccy, so he got another AM2 nd 3000+ is on shelf.

So will the rashi guys ll give me an AM2 4200+??Its only 3k But i got mine for 11.5k nd i somehow wand only 939.
Is there ny way to complaint if they do somethin like dat?

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
first of all stopped production does not affect warranty in any bad way. they usually have some in stock for that reason alone. and even if they dont have a replacement then they will offer u a free upgrade to a new cpu with a new warranty. happened to me. fried my amd 939 3000+ and upped to X2 4800+ and at that time i also got a upgrade deal for my previous asus A8n-sli premium 939 to Asus m2n-sli deluxe AM2 socket for a price diff of rs 6000 for both cpu and mobo.

all depends on that ur cpu is actually fried and in warranty. send to rma and talk to ur regio manager and tell him ur greviences properly ;-) meaning a bit exagerated ad demand a replacement. so if u get a new cpu it will be AM2 and they will have to provide u with a new mobo or a upgrade option.

be warned that they dont give anyting for free but deduct the current price of the faulty device from the upgrade option.

my deal worked cause i had purchased both cpu/mobo from rashi.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Rollercoaster
Thnx a lot yaar, let me see if i can get M2NE and a gud X2 AM2 proccy. I ve heard that u can get u can easily trick the people at rashi.
First ive to confirm the fault. So im going to flash the bios with the latest bios, ie v1010 [already flashed once with it].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom