What do u think about windows vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gursimran_2006

Broken In
I am using windows xp sp2 Geniune :D (I am proud to write Geniune). is windows vista is better than it:confused. :confused: What r the special things in vista.:rolleyes:

adit_sen

In the zone
Visa is still in development stage, and has not yet been officially released. Its due release somtime in early 2007. As its the next OS in the microsoft lineup, its got a lot of new features and is more resource hungry that windows xp. Take a look at *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista and *www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_rc1.asp

I'm sure u'll get your answers there

Cheers
Aditya

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well I think...

Its very slow... and Costly and Non responsive... and Full of New Feature AND very slow and interface is user very secure and Its very slow... and its better than XP if u have hifi system and Its Slow... ;) hope u got the point :p

well i think it will be out in Mid NoV 2006 ...

Last edited:

drsethi

Journeyman
If your hardware supports, then Vista is really good for visual appearances, stability,security, ease of use, hardware support. To know about features visit,
*www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/features/default.mspx

blademast3r

In the zone
Vista will take some time to settle down ...as in ppl like me do need time to upgrade our comps..till then we will be happy with win xp:D

anandk

Distinguished Member
hw upgradation costs will be really prohibitive for most, so after the initial Indian launch euphoria is over, maybe we will still c a LOT of xp users still.

anyway, vista will have 6 flavors and 2 more without media player for european market :

Windows Starter 2007 - Limited version something like XP starter Edition
Windows Vista Home Basic - For a single PC home similar to XP Home Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium Multimedia Supportive - will include Media Center
Windows Vista Ultimate - Has Media Center & Tablet PC features. Like XP Prof. + Media Center + Tablet PC
Windows Vista Business - successor to Win2K Pro and XP Pro with Tablet PC support
Windows Vista Enterprise - Superset of Vista Business, but only available to Software Assurance Subscribers(Enterprise Customers)
Windows Vista Home Basic N* - Home Premium with no Media Player for em
Windows Vista Business N* - Business with no Media Player for em

rajas

In the zone
are we waiting to see aero and some bubble screen saver on pcs..but being an A+ certified, I'm looking beyond that. having attended comprehensive training on Vista and working Hands-on RC2, am looking for more into Vista. when Aero word comes in picture, i agree with many of you. its needs more and more RAM.. get 512MB minimum or you are going to miss Aero. or if you anything other than Ultimate/Home premium you wont get aero.

Watz in it for me to upgrade..
1. Look out of MCE. it needs no intro..
2. User access control.. makes things more secure.
VSS(new service running in Vista)- makes you get back the files or computer you deleted(even if you did shift+delete). you can restore whole computer too. given that VSS is running.
3. More comprehensive troubleshooting tools. - even if your system is down with Blue screen and arent able to go into any mode. YOUR SYSTEM can be restored and corrected.
4. Do I need partition magic and some 3rd party tools. NO.. its built into Vista. So increase/decrease volume sizes.
5. Parental controls to allow/block: playing games/downloading/logging into computer/going online/websites. No 3rd party tools.
6. Built in antispyware\malicious code removal tool.
7. Performance monitoring tools...Memory diags\
8. Better Sync center. now sync your calenders\PDA's\flash drivers\
9. Create you own power management. manage power to each and every device on the computer. Not just HDD/monitor.
10. In built DVD burner. burn DVD's with more features.
11. What if I have upgraded to Vista and I dont like it. I can go back to previous version. only upto certain stage.

Vista is definelty and secure and recoverable OS. Working on it for a while now. I can say I will Upgrade to Vista. I agree with all you guys..vista definetly needs MORE hardware and latest technology. Installation depends on hardware. It might take 12 mins to 5hrs. to satisfy my mind...I will put it simple..Its still a Beta.

Official Techie

In the zone
just installed vista beta dvd got it with invitation to x-box launch party:D :D :D :D i think its pretty fast than windows xp some one told me that 3.0 ghz and 512 mb ram would make it slow but its absolutely normal or even better though i am not able to find how can i change mouse settings to use single click to open folders

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Dude do upgrade to Vista, its awesome, even the RC1 or RC2 just rock!...

Do move to Vista if u have good hardware! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom