what do u think about this system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
ok now i have decided to set up a rig which will suite my need this are the main componants which i going to buy tell me what u guys think about it and if possible answer some of the doughts i have the main purpose of the rig is for 3d modelling with software like maya 3d studo max i have asked price for some as i want to compare them with the qutation i have been given by some delears also tell me a good shop at lamington road if possble

amd 64 bit 3500 (can any one tell me the price for this and tell me 3800 or dual core amd processor is avalable in india ) i though of intel xeon but later i dropped that plan as i want to later switch to a amd dual core when it is avilable and the mother board i have choosen supports amddual core

mobd asus A8N deleux sli (nforce4 chipset)or MSI A8N DEL SLI(NFORCE 4Chipset (can any one tell the price for both the mobd and also which brand should i go for also i am not sure but does this boards have a bult in sound card so i wont need to buy any other sound card also do they have a network card buit in asi want to set up a network

ram 4x1gb of ddr 400 ram
which brand crosair , kingsteon or transecnd and also the price please
i have tried inquired abot crosair but could not find it in mumbai
also is ram avalable in sealed box since this is the first time i buying a assembled rig i dont know one of the dealers in lamington road told me it does not come in box but i have my dought also tell me if the haed disk are avilable in box pack or not

graphic card 7800 gtx i know i should go for a qudro but i cant afoord one right now plus the performance of lmid range quadro is not geat 9 so if any one can tell me the price and whcih make to take should it be asus , xfx etc whcih one tell me the best brand

cabinate lanboy cabinate or work stion cabinate from antec

tell me the price also tell me price for sata 160gb hard disk

all other things like cd rom etc speaker mointer will be of my old sytem as they are pretty good i plan to set up a net work using the old sysetm that i will only use for helping me in rediring faster i so guys what do u think about this please give me ur suugestion and if ther is new stuff to cme please tell me :D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Re: what do u think about this system a feerari or a maruti

ASH18MARCH said:
graphic card 7800 gtx i know i should go for a qudro but i cant afoord one right now
But you can afford a 7800GTX, a dual core AMD proccy and 4 gigs of Corsair RAM???

quad master

In the zone
i have the main purpose of the rig is for 3d modelling with software like maya 3d studo max.

AMD
- Office PC/Basic home PC
- Hardcore Gaming
- CAD and Development workstation

Pentium
- Office PC/Basic home PC
- Heavy Audio/Video encoding
- Photoshop, 3D rendering

So hope this helps.

If you want for Maya , 3D Max , Photoshop Intel will be a better choice than AMD.

But if you want for Gamming then AMD without any second thought.

AMD 3500+ Venice - approx 15K

Corsair would be gr8 but , Hynix D43 Orignal are also gr8.
PC 3200 DDR400 2x512MB Rs 4750-5250 approx

Motherboard
Are you going for 2 GPU's seriously then only get a NF4 SLi Motherboard.
Else get a NF4 Ultra Motherboard.
Also ASUS is a better choice because it has gr8 service in India.
There is no MSI A8N Sli its MSI Neo 4 Platinum/SLi or K8N Diamond

My Reco's
~~~~~~~
For SLI - ASUS A8N Sli [NForce 4 SLi Chipset - Socket 939]
For Non SLi - ASUS A8N-E [NForce 4 Ultra Chipset - Socket 939]
ASUS Ultra Chipset comes with single PCI-E x 16 Slot also not firewire support.

Cost :- SLi approx 11-12K , Ultra - 8800Rs
From Rashi & Prime ABGB Mumbai.

Also remember the 7800GTX will be very costly but is a fantastic GPU.
Instead you can have 2x6600GT in Sli

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
ya regarding qudro i tell u why i not so sure the thing i been through a number of cg site a qudro 4400 is the best bet but qudro 3400 is just a waste of money as its performance is not that good i gone through the forum of www.cgtalk.com
the cost of 3400 is around 60 thousand or above a 4400 coast in and around some were aroun 90 thousand or above
were as 78000 cost around 3300o to 37000 and one thing is sure it will perform better than 3400qudro as qudro 3400 performance is almost equal to 6800 utra and also the combined coast of my rig comes to around 80 thousan for the proccesor if i go for dual core , ram and 78000
but to invest that same amount just for a 4400 just too much because my coast will go to around 1lakh 20 thousnd for same
and yes regarding intel if i go for intel xeon the other procceesor are not so great theyare great for muti tasking but when u compare a single intel procesor it s no match against a amd and a lot of pro use amd u can vsit cgtalk.com forum and it seemsamd they out perform intel single cor proocessor any day even with application like maya and ya i will go dual core but a liitle later and most a amd dual core as they give much more performance then inel xeon

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Dude, did u just l00t a bank or something?
Like quad here says, for rendering work and other 2d work, Intel is the best if u don't wnt to sit around any more than u have to.

I think that u need to devote more cash to cpu and ram than the other sub-systems since u are not going for quadro. Invest in an intel dual-core. The cost may be to much when u are buying but u won't regret it later when u r rendering. Get a 6800gt instead of 7800gt.

PS: A few months back, I saw a quadro conversion mod for GF cards. Unfortunately, it seems to work only for GF2 an GF3 cards. Anyways, here's the link if u want to take a look:
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/72

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
yes i have read about the soft modding too u could do it for a 6800 256 mb ( agp version ) but u cant do it with an pci version u have a utility called riva tuner and ya i dint get u what u meant by the first statment also yes as i told i will think about intel xeon its quiet a diffult decision i am bit confused because forum on sites like www.cgtalk.com suggest amd 3500 or amd dual core this site are hard core cg but any ways i will think about it also if i buy intel i will need to change my ram and also my mother bord i will take ur suugestions

ps also i have a old sytem which is a intel pentium 3 sytem whcih i iwll be connecting to this pc that also will be helping my rendiring as lot

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Almost all the cpu review sites that take rendering times into account tells the same story of intel better than amd. For example, here's an xbit article. This is because, in rendering clock cycles play much more of a role.
Ofcourse, with dual cores, the situation is different. Dual core Amds kick a$$ here. Check this ranking.

PS:U seem to be a pretty hardcore 3d feller. How's about posting some of your xibits in this thread, if possible.

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
siriusb thanks for the invitation i will surely but i will need some time because i basicaly a 2d guy now branching out into 3d i guess the potiential of devolpment is huge in this industry so i will need to get to used and learn 3d softwares i wiil need some time but when ever i fell i have done something worth showing u guys i will post here and i totaly agree with u on the intel xeon thing the things is i have another machine working on intel pentium 3 config so iwill be forming a network with my new pc so rendering will surely be faster and regrding inel xeon it comes in many variation so one need s to be care full as each have a huge performnce gap here is a link
*www.intel.com/products/processor/xeon/index.htm

and also the price the top most intel xeon coast 20000 app 1000to 20000up not down check this link it gives the us price in india hard ware is quiet costly so u can calulate for ur self
*www.intel.com/buy/desktop/boxed-processor/embedded_nvid.htm?nVID=11273&nRGID=202
some one had told me u can get axeon for 15000 but if u look properly its a base model the top model cost a bomb +calulate coast of ddr2 ram 4x1gb well its better to go for a amd 64 bit dual core its coastly but it destroys intel xeon also u are saved from buying ddr2 ram whcich is quiet costly and frequent upgarde of motherboard because intel evry new proceesor reqire diff mother board because of the socket which they frequently change intel is just using its brand but performance wise it dosent live up to it just go to tecnical forum www.cgtalk.com and u will a lot of people in this industry prefer amd bye take care guys

ps check this link
*www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=258786

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom