What do u feel abt E-FRIENDS

What do you feel about e-friends

• They are awesome

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • They suck

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • i never have any and i dont want to...

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
I dont think this topic would have been posted earlier..IF it is then mods can delete it...Just wanted to know what do u feel about friends whom you get know online or through many friendship communities like ORKUT,FRIENDSTER,HI5 and many more.Do u feel they are better than those whom u know in the real world or r the friends whom u get to know in the virtual world(Internet) are way better.
I feel the virtual world has a very nice community;) and it depends on the individual selecting some1 as his/her friend..:lol:I myself is connected online in everywhere coz i get to know more and more people..For eg:I am online almost 15hrs everyday in gmail and my frnds ask me dnt u have any other job but i say i have some many frnds who wait for me as they wanna have a chat and sometimes i jst tell some e-frnd of mine that i will talk to him 2moorow at the same time and the nxt day i leave out all my job and go online and most of them i have seen been online in this forum almost the whole day :Dand they converse with more and more people in the form of postings:)

nix

i think they rock...there are a lot more ppl online and getting started is no problem...it just depends where you take it from there. you can always find like minded people.

G

gxsaurav

Friends who are online, are mystry, we don't know much about them....so we are eager to know, & thats the main reason we spend so much time with them chatting or scrapping

most of the people i meet there are from lucknow, or those who i know, & who are outside lucknow doing something

oh & by the way.....it's always shocking to meet the person in reality which adds to the excitement

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
U can really meet some nice ppl online. But just as offline u also meet some unpleasant personalities there. Its a mixed experience, and i am happy with it.
I say Thumbs UP to e friends.

mediator

Technomancer
rakeshishere said:
I am online almost 15hrs everyday in gmail
OMG! 15 hrs?? I can sit barely 3-4 hrs in front of PC!

Well these sites have both advantages and disadvantages!
Advantages
1. You get to know more people!
2. You meet with old friends of whom you had no contact. I met like 100s of mah friends like this now!
3. Testimonials! In real life ppl dont usually tell what they feel abt you. But testimonial is the key here!
4. Fans,fives etc.....tell how many ppl actually have a liking to u!
5. Communities........Now the anti-reservation was actually started by mah friend to be honest. Only some 5-10 medical students motivated all other students and what my friend did was starting an online petition against reservation! Here's the link..
*www.petitiononline.com/quota/petition.html
So u see the groups on these sites can be of big use in making stronger unity and motivating others!
6. Time Pass.....Well to be honest these sites are the last resort to time pass for me !

Disadvantages
1. These sites can be addicting. Many of mah friends dont have any other thing to do!
2. People lose their social interactive skills sitting in front of PC for long ours like that! They become bore when they talk face to face!
3. Similarly decrease in physical activities....making u a snob/obese person!
4. Deterioration of eyesites!
5. Sometimes misunderstanding also happens between 2 people. Suppose a girl is in love to a boy, scraps him, writes a testi, proposes to him in a PM. After that the boy doesnt replies for long time because he was busy with his job and then the girl starts thinking that he is not interested in her.
Misunderstanding are very common on then the net and much greater when using yahoo messenger and all.
6. Loss of privacy! Orkut's scrapbook system is the worst thing I have encountered so far. People tell all sorts of secrets openly there and other keep reading it and later ask about the same! Then again u scrap a person who is online and wait for his/her scraps to be recieved. This is serious time wasting now! Why dont u use yahoo messenger for such long talks or most comfortable phone??
I usually scrap to maintain livelyhood in friendship by just posting "Helloooos" and "heyyys" and no big messege!

Well these are the only things I can think abt these sites so far. There may be other adv/disadvantages too. But overall I find these sites good to stay in touch with all ur friends!

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
At last found this thread. Actually I was searching before posting a similar topic and found this.

Actually after this long time I think e-friends are somewhat better.
My all offline friends are actually far behind me in knowledge which is normal considering I am the only one here who has 24 hour net connection.
{The other reason is I can't trust offline friends for some reasons.}
So I am always there to help them. But when I need help, where should I go???
Then I ask my Digit friends to help me out. And I always get right suggestion at right time. A little time ago I was very confused because of personal matters but Saurav bhai helped me a lot. For tech and web design related questions I can always rely on Navjot bro. Vishal's articles have been very usefull to me.
And then there are friends like MysticDews, Kenshin, Infra Red Dude....
(If I will write all name it will take eternity so I am stopping here. Sorry guys if I didn't said ur name. But u know u r special for me.) who always gave me support.

So all I am saying is that for a guy like me. e-Friends are much better.
Ofcourse It depends person to person.
But another fact is 90% of my e-Friends are from Digit forum.

saikibryan

Journeyman
in my opinion, they all have cons and pros...
i've found a friend through orkut, i had lost touch with him just after upper KG in my school...as he left our school to join something other
now see that place full of spams :(

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ Read post number 9. I wanted to discuss it. But other then starting a new thread I searched and continued here....
Hope you dont mind....

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
^^Even I agree with u Quiz master

I found a lot of frds here on Digit Forum who helped me a lot

when i came from Panipat(haryan) to chennai for job they helped me in finding chennai stuffs

and helped me wheneve i feel lonely

I really appriciate Vishal deep harsh Vimal Ashwin(Drgrudge) and a lotta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom