What can you expect on Fedora Core 5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
The test1 of FC5 will be released by the end of this month. The FC5 final is scheduled to be released on February 2006. View the schedule here

So what can u expect in a FC5 ?

1. A cool new logo which wil replace the redhat logo.
*static.flickr.com/26/63491152_a32cdf9e65.jpg

2. Trim down core
3. GUI Package manager and Updater
4. Live-CD/DVD
5. Use early log-in and get rid of rhgb
6. A new sound server instead or arts/esd
7. Better firewall configuration tool
8. home user backup
6. Package groups for Extras
7. Advanced Init system
8. Boot and Shutdown speed improvements
9. CD image generating tool (this is really cool. read here
10. Gnome 2.14
11. Encrypted Filesystems

Read more here

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Gnome 2.12 for sure....Maybe even mp3 support.I read in a magazine that the new fedora foundation is working that out.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Seems really cool. Even I loved the logo and as alib_i said infinite f seems real cool. Live cd/dvd sounds good. Its time they improved their boot and shut down speeds.

praka123

left this forum longback
will they include all prop.plugins(mp3...) default with FC5? :roll: Also some eye candies like SuSe KDe......wat about fedora foundation.....

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
you cant expect that. Fedora won't ship MP3-capable software until the Fraunhofer Institute's patent license terms are compatible with the GPL.

Satissh S

Youngling
I wan't them to include Inkscape , Yafrey for vector graphics. But we don't really have to ask for them to include any extra softies b'coz, all of them can be easily yummed once it's repositories are configured. May'be we can ask for built-in support to NVIDIA cards. But NVIDIA proprietary cr*p would deny that!
And yes GNOME 2.12 would be nice. I guess it should have beagle inbuilt. Kde shud have KAT.

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
They will include GNOME 2.14 if released before the final FC5 devel freeze.

Including beagle is a good idea. Its a headache installing it.

As you said there wont be NVIDIA drivers due to propreitary reasons.

praka123

left this forum longback
will GNOME features lm_sensors GUI (gkrellm etc) and an updated sensor database supporting newer mobos....

mediator

Technomancer
Well I wud like them to provide emulators(snes,xmame,scummvm,dosbox etc) and cool GUI like one provided with suse 9.3 and support for mobiles etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom