What as Intel did with X3000 Graphics????

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesh1683

In the zone
My sytem specs are

Intel DG965RY
intel Core2duo 6300
1GB DDR2 533 RAM
Windows Vista ultimate on C
Windows XP pro on D

The mobo has X3000 graphics with supports for Harware TnL onboard,

For long time they havent released the drivers that support Hardware TnL

But just few days back they released beta drivers which supports harware TnL for windows XP only

Before Installing the beta drivers [Plz look the pic] In task manager performance tab, the Cpu usage was split into two parts as C2D contains 2 Cores [this pic is of Vista]
*img120.imagevenue.com/loc892/th_74681_screen1_122_892lo.jpg

But after installing the beta Drivers For XP [Plz look the pic]
In task manager performance tab, the Cpu usage is not split into two parts:confused: [this pic is of XP]
*img143.imagevenue.com/loc1156/th_74676_screen_122_1156lo.JPG

Please note that both pic are from my pc i couldnt take 1st pic in XP because i already had installed drivers but i have noticed CPU usage splitted to two parts

Wat has happend here???

I think Intel have completely utilized the one core for Graphics purpose:confused::confused: [dont laugh if i am wrong]

But i need to know how ???

Who can find the answer for this???

And also any other with same mobo noticed it??

gannu_rox

In the zone
^^^Gulp... Now why did u install drivers meant fer XP into vista??? :evil:

Try revertin back thru system restore... Dun play with drivers not meant dude... Can cause reel harm n exceptionally can damage the registry as well!!!

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
gannu_rox said:
^^^Gulp... Now why did u install drivers meant fer XP into vista??? :evil:

Try revertin back thru system restore... Dun play with drivers not meant dude... Can cause reel harm n exceptionally can damage the registry as well!!!
U got wrong there
Dont confuse, i posted vista pic from another partion which doesnt have beta drivers, as i use XP and Vista on my PC
I meant to post both XP pic one before installing and one after installing beta drivers but i dint knew this would happen
I didnt installed XP drivers on VISTA itz impossible
Currently i dont have any problem
But i want to know does intels IGP is using one core completely for graphics or where does that core gone

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
no prob with that.both ur proccy cores r active.the cpu usage block that u hav marked with red circle hows the avg usage of both the cores taken together and not of individual cores.the cpu usage history tab which shows 2 windows side by side shows the useage of each core separately.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the two separate graphs under the cpu usage history indicate two separate cores. if its a single core proc then there will be only one graph. so its working perfectly!

yesh1683 said:
I didnt installed XP drivers on VISTA itz impossible

yes, its very much possible to install xp drivers on vista for most of the hardware!!! :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hey tell me, if this is an issue, then why do u see 2 bars for Page File usage too ??

Do you have Dual Core Page File :lol:

see this is just one graphical interface, actually what shows u CPU usage is the CPU usage History graphs !!!

may be this happened due to change of Theme or any theme related settings !!!

omdhar

Broken In
I have my system based on C2D E4300, ASUS P5B-MX/wifi, Kingston valueram 1 GB DDR2-667, 400 W Powersafe SMPS. I use integrated graphics memory of 256 MB. My mobo(Intel 946GZ chipset) supports Intel GMA 3000 which has Pixel Shader 2.0, Vertex Shader 3.0 (software) & Open GL 1.4 and no Hardware Transform & Lighting. Can anyone suggest me of some good race & action games for my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom