What are Cheats???

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
Well When ever i Play a game after some time the Game becomes too Difficult to win ..and i am forced to go to www.cheatbook.de to find some cheats ....but what i really want to know is what are cheats and who makes them...i Mean does the Programmers keeps some bugs in game as cheats..coz its not possible that in every game there is a Bug that when you Press "`" and then type GOD ..you become invincible......or any such things .....Or these are really backdoors in the Game ..and these are exploited by the gamers ?????

bala4digit

Journeyman
they are the alternative or v.v.v.v.v easy ways set by the programmer itself for the 'not real die hard gamer'

that's it

more info available as suggested above

moshel

Padawan
bala4digit said:
they are the alternative or v.v.v.v.v easy ways set by the programmer itself for the 'not real die hard gamer'

that's it

more info available as suggested above

Well not exactly. Cheat COdes are put into the games so that ppl testing the game can play through it easily and QUICKLY without being trapped at some place. Like if in some FPS game theres a monster, so the tester can input the cheat and get through him easily.

Satissh S

Youngling
In a way Yes , Cheats are put for easy testing of the game and finishing it quickly.
There are also other types, These are called Trainers. They don't alter the game but they change the hidden parametres when a game is loaded into memory. Usually such are not let out by the developers as cheats but by individuals.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Cheats r used by proggramers to verify the working and efficiency of the codes, so by the time of release they forget to remove them after testin and in shippin hurries, we get CHEATS

sumitava_b

In the zone
QM: Its not the programmers' forgetfulness for which we get the cheats. Its bcoz of the code and for the future purpose. It wud be easier for them to debug any error even if the game is released. After building a huge game, one cant be very much sure that they havnt missed all the possibilties in the game although they test it thoroughly. Thats why tehy release them along with cheats purposefully. Its another story that the cheats get leaked (mainly bcoz of the power of throbbing online industry of game cheats) and we use them for our own purpose. :wink:

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I dont think thta could be the case sumitava. Because, you could always comment out the cheat processing code.
Cheats are deliberately released to uncover easter eggs (like developer names, etc), help modders and to enable people who have completed the game to "stroll" around the levels or skip levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom