What about OS?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubed_007

Right off the assembly line
I dont understand,, well i really have a doubt,, while giving confg. everybody just suggests components. i wonder what about OS??
why dont they count OS & its price?? i really have this doubt.. If i dont buy OS where 2 get it from? plz help me though it seems 2 b a silly question[/code]

bharat_r

In the zone
most of them install pirated windows as their OS.So no one cares for them & it dosent cost.

If u really care oder a Windows OEM pack along with a new comp.

Or get some version Linux from Digit DVDs.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Well if u don't want to buy the original OS'es investing huge money on them, try with u r friends who have pirated softwares or u r vendor can install one from their CD's. 8) 8)

ujjwal

Padawan
Well you can get free OS's like FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris etc, while no hardware components are free. Of course if you need a commercial OS like Windows you will have to pay for it.

Most free OS's can be gotten by downloading from their official sites, check www.distrowatch.org for linux distro's. Microsoft Windows can be purchased from software retailers.

Ubuntu Linux is one distro which will be shipped to you free of charge, check www.ubuntulinux.org

expertno.1

Technomancer
well many opensource os are free to donload for ersonal use like netbsd,opebsd,linux

windwos haas to be paid

tell me who in this forum ahs original windows ??

even i ahev pirated one...

u cannot get original so easily coz it will only emmpty ur pocket..if the vendor is providng(as mine) pirated os then who shlould take about it?

aslmost 90 % of the home users have pirated windows and they dont care then why u care..they are not going to jail !!!!!!!11

rohanbee

Padawan
One question:
These free os
Are they as easy to use or not: like windows xp.
Are they compatible with all the latest softwares or are there problems.
Are these updated regulary with fixes and patches?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Expart said:
aslmost 90 % of the home users have pirated windows and they dont care then why u care..they are not going to jail !!!!!!!11

there is law for those who do piracy.... but there isnt any law for those who use pireted GOODs....

expertno.1

Technomancer
well then what should be doe for them ?????

u r using pirated or original cheeta

if its pirated then i am going to do

FIR...kidding

well how many of u have original windwos xp ?/

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Expert u can find the INDIA IT LAW bill 2004 in the web... read them.... as i said earlyer there is no law or rathat panishment for useing a pireted product... though there is a very strict law for those who do piracy.....

but its hard to separate doing piracy or useing piracy.... as every one us in india... have copyed at list a single GAME/MOVIE/OS/Software CD.... some of us do it every day.... but most of us do it to give a copy to a friend... not to earn money...

& YES I have a winXP corporate edtion origi.... (as the truth is my dad has that.... lol.... i use it...)....

V

vishal_bhatia87

@expertno.1
tell me who in this forum ahs original windows ??

I have all the softwares genuine and licensed.

Some of are:
  • Windows XP Home SP2
    Norton Internet Security 2005
    Sonic Recordnow 7
    Microsoft Money 2005
    Microsoft Works

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
good an honest & most of all Stupid guy..... like me.... there no adventage in india to having a genuine and licensed Product.... nothing.... even i saw a guy who can use a pirated MS windows XP Prof SP2 running auto update.... MS validation Tool... even he can use online support.. by just writing he dont have access to his product key right now....

its foolish to have a lience.... & i am a fool....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
bharat said:
microsoft has to cut down the cost of windows by 90% and I'll go for the original.

where did u get this news.... pls b kind enough to post the source.,.... i we w'ld like to read more about it....

vegeta_killer

Broken In
for all those who uses original i got to say only...................... R U REALY NUT'S.......................... man if u like that to be get scr****d........then what could we............................. we r INDIANS n least i will use only MADE IN INDIA n originals r not made in ....

rajas

In the zone
Well I have to say that.. I do have

Windows XP Professional Edition with SP2
Windows XP Professional X64 Edition
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and Standard Edition
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise X64 Edition
Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Edition

All Genuine and Licensed from Microsoft.

By the way vegeta_killer in case you stick to ur words, try purchasing Longhorn the next version of windows. as most part of it is being developed by Microsoft R&D India.

V

vishal_bhatia87

What you think? Indians cant be honest? Honesty is the only option for me faliors not! It is my key to success. So Iam honest thats it. I use all the genuine & freeware softwares. I dont have any not even one software pirated in my computer. I hve above 100 CDs and DVDs and they all ere original. So my motive is to write that some pepole left in India those are using genuine and Iam in one of those. @saurav_cheeta Honesty doesnt mean that you are fool! Infact honesty made distinct identity of a man.

rohanbee

Padawan
well said vishal.............eventually some way or the other users of pirated softwares do suffer..........
more crashes
no support
+ the anti software body seems to have found more ways to catch erring single users as well.
some countries are making laws where by even if you are caught carrying or buying such software you could be thrown into jail.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
vishal do u know why i said that.... bzq many hasnt invested that money..... i am not a very rich guy.... so when i see after investing that money i get no benofit.... i feel i have been cheated....

whet is the adventage of having a Origi software?? only u can say ur self u have done the right thing... but i a country where 95% people do the wrong thing... there the wrong becomes right....

V

vishal_bhatia87

saurav_cheeta said:
vishal do u know why i said that.... bzq many hasnt invested that money..... i am not a very rich guy.... so when i see after investing that money i get no benofit.... i feel i have been cheated....

whet is the adventage of having a Origi software?? only u can say ur self u have done the right thing... but i a country where 95% people do the wrong thing... there the wrong becomes right....

You think that Iam the richest - No thats not true, My parents earn only 6000 bucks / month even then iam using licensed softwares. who cares what else are doing. I care myself only & Iam genuine to myself thats it.The reason why I hate this country because when ever i see this 95% ratio I loose my temper. I want that India make law every pirated softwares user will Hang Until Death but I know this will not gonna happen even ministers in this country are also involved in piracy infact they have the pirated os installed on their pc at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom