Western Digital SATA 1000RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

d

Journeyman
hey y'all.. there's a western digital 10000 rpm drive on the market.. it runs the SATA interface.. and has capacities from 37GB to 150GB i think.. not too sure about the capacities though.. i'd like to know if its available here in Chennai? and how much would it cost?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
d said:
hey y'all.. there's a western digital 10000 rpm drive on the market.. it runs the SATA interface.. and has capacities from 37GB to 150GB i think.. not too sure about the capacities though.. i'd like to know if its available here in Chennai? and how much would it cost?

lol........raptors have been there in the market for yrs......!! But cost a lot and they are the world's fastest Hard disks....

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Samrulez, raptors are not the fastest HDs!! Seagate has got a 15,000 RPM (Cheeta)!! Seagate's Cheeta HDs are the world's fastest. They are mainly used for Servers. Since these HDs spin around 10,000 to 15,000 RPM they also produce more heat. So you need to have adequate cooling in place!! See the following link for more details:
*www.seagate.com/products/enterprise/cheetah.html

Last edited:
OP
D

d

Journeyman
indeed the raptor, fellas.. the 74GB one.. i'd want that.. can someone tell me where and how much? they've been in the market for quite some time and .. well i dont know.. about the indian market..

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
yaaa............get 2 Barracuds or something else and use them in raid 0 config..........cheap n' fast.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom