Western Digital HD Media Player **Rockin Product!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Hi All,

Guys, I am not sure that anybody noticed that I was out from posting from quite a few days, thats coz I am in US for the past month. But recently I stumbled upon an ultimate product which has made me open thinkdigit to share this beauty with you all people. Its called [WD HD Media player] and can play all HD files in all formats through any USB HDD or Pen drive. The best part is it can also play files with MKV format, that was something we were missing. I have gone through the reviews and they are excellent. This player playes every HD file thrown to it, even images from BR/HD DVD and DVD ofcourse. Just look at the specifications...

*i35.tinypic.com/1z1u29s.jpg

File Formats Supported

Music - MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV/PCM/LPCM, AAC, FLAC, Dolby Digital, AIF/AIFF, MKA

Photo - JPEG, GIF, TIF/TIFF, BMP, PNG

Video -MPEG1/2/4, WMV9, AVI (MPEG4, Xvid, AVC), H.264, MKV, MOV (MPEG4, H.264)

Playlist - PLS, M3U, WPL

Subtitle -SRT (UTF-8)

Note:
- MPEG2/4, H.264, and WMV9 supports up to 1920x1080p 24fps, 1920x1080i 30fps, 1280x720p 60fps resolution

- An audio receiver is required for surround sound output. AAC/Dolby Digital decodes in 2 channel output only

- JPEG does not support CMYK or loss less.

- BMP supports uncompressed format only.

- TIF/TIFF supports single layer only.

External Drive Formats Supported

FAT32, NTFS, HFS+ (no journaling)

Performance Specifications
Serial Transfer Rate
USB 2.0
Serial Bus Transfer Rate (USB 2.0) 480 Mb/s (Max)

Physical Specifications
Capacity N/A
Interface HDMI, Composite A/V, USB 2.0

Trust me specifications does not even do justice to this ultimate player, with firmware upgrades it can do more.......check out the review.....
================

Now for the reviews, check out [REVIEW from Videohelp]

Its an extensive discuession and would give you all a fair bit idea of what the product is. And the iceing on the cake is I got it for just 100USD here.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
just 100USD --well if it played dvds too then would be totally worth it.
i think wd did it wrong. they should have also either included 500gb space or made it as a dvd player then it would seem a lot complete and a killer product just my 2 cents

qazranchi

Broken In
Good Product and it is available in India at arround Rs 8000/= (*cgi.ebay.in/Western-Digital-WDTV-H...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:1|65:2|39:1|240:1318)

But the idea of Digital Media Player has been adopted by LG TV. They are providing these Digital Media Player inbuilt in their Scarlet & Jazz series of LCD Tv. So if you buy LG You dont have to buy this product. Just plug in your USB flash drive or USB pocket Drive and see movies or photos etc.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
No DTS also. I hope it atleasts sends out the RAW bit stream so that AVR can handle it.
NO DVD ! Means no buying this thing, despite super cool MKV and h.264

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Its not a disc player guys..... its kinda media player, so obviously we wont be able to play any discs....... you can get a decent DVD player for 2500 if thats what you have in mind. This plays all images, atleast thats what he people from the videohelp reports, so you can play the ISOs and images from BD/HD DVD as well.
DTS m not sure...I will check and report.....DD is there though.
But for me playing MKV and x264 via HDMI on my LCD is uber super cool.....

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
I am totally getting this one, by jan end when my uncle is coming to India.

*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/45large.png

Will post pics then...

Can someone post the pics now??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
People at Techenclave have already got this player long back. It's awesome. But the price being offered by KMD on TE is a bit higher to what Sam got it for. BTW Sam congo for the purchase. Does it play .rmvb & .wmv files?

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
People at Techenclave have already got this player long back. It's awesome. But the price being offered by KMD on TE is a bit higher to what Sam got it for. BTW Sam congo for the purchase. Does it play .rmvb & .wmv files?

Thanks Allwy, it playes WMV but not rmvb, playes VOB files playes HD m2t files , thats what I have checked and is confirmed.....more RnD would be done when I am back to India and I have my desktop with me.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ Its plays all... :) but I am not sure if it would cost less than 5K in India........

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ Its can play through all media which you can connect through a USB, even a SD card.
And guys I downloaded a sample clip full 1080p BR image on a 42" LCD thru HDMI and it played it flawlessly crisp and crystal clear. Amazing clarity......I have tested playing VOB...no issues in that, ISO played nicely. The menu is very intuitive, I will keep posting as I continue experimenting on the product......

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ mmmm see I thought so, I got it here for 100USD, but I got know it was on discount, actual price may vary between 120-130USD. But even with 120USD it is a killer product I must say....... 100USD makes it a steal deal......

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
No DTS also. I hope it atleasts sends out the RAW bit stream so that AVR can handle it.
NO DVD ! Means no buying this thing, despite super cool MKV and h.264

DTS is there I checked out, initially I was not sure but now its confirmed.....
I dont get what you mean when you say no DVD its a media player not a disc player. It can play VOB files and ISO as well so DVD is played in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom